Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Taylor
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you "purchase" an opposition card from anywhere in the Queue is it considered "removed" and the effect of the card takes place, or is it "discarded" with no effect. What I'm asking I think does Discard and Remove mean the same thing. Removing to me would mean that the card has made it all the way to the right in the Queue and is then removed in the Lantern Phase triggering it's effect. Purchasing it before it makes it all the way to the right discards it without triggering it's effects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can purchase opposition cards earlier if they allow. Doing this does trigger the event though. But it may be a more opportune time then allowing the card to make its way to the end of the queue to trigger. It depends on the card and the situation of the game at that particular time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We found this to be clearly spelled out on each card.

Some bullets you can dodge entirely. Sometimes it is a matter of making the pain stop sooner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Taylor
United States
Council Bluffs
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the quick replies. Sorry I wasn't so quick to respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Parkinson
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmayer wrote:
You can purchase opposition cards earlier if they allow. Doing this does trigger the event though. But it may be a more opportune time then allowing the card to make its way to the end of the queue to trigger. It depends on the card and the situation of the game at that particular time.

If you would help me with this:
1850 compromise-fundraising brings in $2 less than they normally would.
(In effect until removed from queue)

So can I just buy this and get rid of it? I'm not going to trigger anything because it was already in effect. It doesn't say I can't buy it. It seems like I should be able to buy it and remove the damaging effect immediately. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, correct if it only says in effect while in queue, then purchasing the card removes the effect. It also uses up a player's card purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Applewhite
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgtaylor wrote:
When you "purchase" an opposition card from anywhere in the Queue is it considered "removed" and the effect of the card takes place, or is it "discarded" with no effect. What I'm asking I think does Discard and Remove mean the same thing. Removing to me would mean that the card has made it all the way to the right in the Queue and is then removed in the Lantern Phase triggering it's effect. Purchasing it before it makes it all the way to the right discards it without triggering it's effects.

Sorry to ask once more, but I too am reading it the way mgtaylor is reading it and am still a bit unsure of the outcome.

Here is my specific question: The Farren Riots Opposition Card says to "Resolve when removed". Because the rule book, page 7 states for Opposition Abolitionist Cards, "...It can take effect while the card is in the Abolitionist Queue, when the card is purchased, or when the card is removed from the Abolitionist Queue during the Lantern Phase."

I want to buy the card and discard it. According to the statement on the card, "Resolve when removed" makes me think I can purchase it without penalty. Am I wrong??? shake

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
Strike wrote:
mgtaylor wrote:

Sorry to ask once more, but I too am reading it the way mgtaylor is reading it and am still a bit unsure of the outcome.

Here is my specific question: The Farren Riots Opposition Card says to "Resolve when removed". Because the rule book, page 7 states for Opposition Abolitionist Cards, "...It can take effect while the card is in the Abolitionist Queue, when the card is purchased, or when the card is removed from the Abolitionist Queue during the Lantern Phase."

I want to buy the card and discard it. According to the statement on the card, "Resolve when removed" makes me think I can purchase it without penalty. Am I wrong??? shake

Thanks!

If you purchase it you are removing it. It gets resolved even after a purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Boyd
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Strike wrote:
mgtaylor wrote:

Thanks!

I'm glad we're not the only ones. It does appear that there is a distinction between purchased and removed in the wording here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.