Popular Tags: [View All]
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased RE and getting ready for our first play. My question is, do I need to roll a certain die face on a track die to be able to use a particular crossing tile?

As a follow up, reading thru the other rules forum entries, it seems I would REPLACE an existing track tile with a crossing tile when needed. Just to be clear, is this indeed the case?

Thanks for any assistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossing tiles are only used if a track being built crosses a pre-existing piece of track. The die faces correspond to the type of track you are building, not track already on the board.

Crossings replace the previous tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your reply. I guess I should have clarified the scenario, but I do realize you only use crossings when building over existing track. My main question is if I need to roll specific track faces on the track dice to be able to use a certain crossing tile.

As you said, and what prompted my question to begin with, the die faces correspond to the type of track you are building. There are no crossing faces on the track dice.

So do I need to roll curved track to lay a curved x-crossing? Do I need to roll straight track to lay a straight x-crossing? What about the straight and curved combo crossing tiles? Does it even matter what you roll? Am I overthinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ignore the track being crossed, the die face only needs to correspond with the newly laid track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.