United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@@.ee6de2f/1748

Bay of Bengal

Ahem... is this mike on? All right.

In the process of cleaning the table of other projects so I can concentrate on Sol Sea, I have reached an agreement with Chris Harding that CHS will publish a limited edition of Bay of Bengal, the sister game on the Indian Ocean Raid. A maximum of hundred copies will be sold. At latest count, the game will contain 400 counters (235 combat units, 165 markers), 2 A3 maps, a total of five sheets with fleet and base displays, a 28-page rulebook (15 pages of rules, with the rest made up by 8 scenarios - three historical and five hypothetical - as well as scenario and design notes), and five pages of charts (one page of actual game tables and two pages of Uncertain Force Tables per side). Note, the above is supposed to give an overall impression, so don't hold me to an exact count on the final components.

Counters will be mounted but not cut. We will likely mount the unit counters single-sided, so purchasers can decide whether to glue them back-to-back (double-sided) or cut them out directly and use the reverse side as "replacement counters".

The game will use the 2nd edition Solomon Sea rules, with the addition of game-specific rules such as night searches and strikes by radar equipped British aircraft, armored flight decks, Japanese merchant raiding, leaking British battleship boilers, the secret British naval base, and rescuing of survivors.

We've waited with this announcement until we were up to test printing and minor final touches to the rulebook, so release is pretty close. We'll announce a price once we've exactly finalised the component set, and of course we'll post the info here when we get to the point. For purchase-related questions, please contact Chris directly or in the CHS topic.

[Markus]

--

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.1dd727c4/213

Okay, well I guess everyone knows that Markus and I have organised to release Bay of Bengal. I hope to have a proof copy for Markus by next week and then if he is happy I would like to think we could release the game by the end of May.

At the moment the price will be around $45 US including air mail postage world wide. (price for Australian buyers will be a bit cheaper as postage is cheaper, contact me off line for more details)

If people are interested in a copy please drop me an e-mail and I will note you down. When the game is released I will contact people and let them know the price and if they are still interested then payment via Paypal.

Regards

Chris

Chris Harding Games: http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~topkat/home%20page/

Contact Chris Harding: topkat@chariot.net.au
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting news, thanks for the heads up David.

Is Solomon Sea still planned for release with Clash of Arms, and if so is Bay of Bengal going to be included (or at least scheduled for a future module with them)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
The folder at Consimworld supports this game rather than here on BGG.

Markus is working hard to get everything ready & updated for the new edition, so the Bay of Bengal release is welcome news indeed. It has been playtested and finished for a few years, and will include the latest rules, etc.

--

SolSea was going to be published by CoA, but then the designer discussed MMP publishing it, and there it has been tied to the pier, so to speak:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.ee6de2f/1609

Jul 8, 2012 12:22 pm (#1445 Total: 1593)

>>So this, Soloman Sea, is being re-done? And whatever happened to the Indian Ocean game talked about without reading the whole thread?

Jul 8, 2012 9:28 pm (#1446 Total: 1593)

Yes, I'm working on Solomon Sea, and should be able to hand it over Real Soon Now... It'll have something like six new scenarios (more than double the number of the old edition).

Bay of Bengal, the Indian Ocean game, is in limbo at the moment. At the time it was finished I had no publisher for it. Now it would be not a big problem (as DTP anyway), but what I'd really like to do with it would be to combine it with a Midway/Aleutians map, so I could cover all the 1941/42 battles that Sol Sea doesn't, plus some hypotheticals, in a second game, tentatively titled Empires in the Balance. (The reason this makes sense is that the Japanese side, which makes up most of the counters, is the same in the Indian Ocean as it was at Pearl Harbor and Midway. Major component economy of scale.) I did ask MMP at some point whether they would be willing to consider a limited DTP release of Bay of Bengal (similar to what Clash allowed me to do with Salamanca), without jeopardising its ability to be included in a second box. They haven't gotten back to me yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dd727c4/218

CJ Harding - May 20, 2014 5:51 pm (#41 Total: 43)

Adelaide, South Australia

Just a quick update. Markus was over last night and we were just checking some colour printing issues to make sure that the printing company I use will be able to match the files Markus has provided.

The other thing is we now have 50 copies on pre order. That is really pleasing and certainly means that the first print run will be larger than usual

I hope to post a photo of the game components laid out on the table, but I can't seem to find the proper table cloth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update on Bay of Bengal

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6de2f/1762

Markus Stumptner - May 21, 2014 1:36 am (#1600 Total: 1601)

Bay of Bengal update

Gave a new set of graphics files to Chris last night so he can try them with the printer. I'm having a bit of an issue with PDF generation - two of the three ways I have to generate PDF's insist on also converting the RGB colours to CMYK (which looks totally off after printing), and the third creates PDF files that my acroread can't handle, but other PDF viewers can. We'll see what the printer can do with them.

Also agreed on how to show the night capable aircraft on the counters.

Left: Dutch Catalina, not night capable
Right: British Catalina, capable of night Search and night attack (middle rating is anti-shipping).

And before someone says something, yes, the Dutch markings are anachronistic, but I like them.

[Not shown: 2 very nice Catalina PBY aircraft counters - 1 for RN Fleet Air Arm and 1 for Netherlands East Indies (!)]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Very_ pretty counter art here (ships, Catalina & Swordfish):

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@@.ee6de2f/1791

See also Markus' usual discussion on his ideas that go into creating the counters:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?7@@.ee6de2f/1789
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bay of Bengal now has its own entry on BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.