Subject: Wounds in Final Showdown (FS) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Watkins
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
Can wounds be KO'd for a new hand of 6 cards in FS turns?

At first I was unsure because the FS rules state that you play your card abilities (like a wound's healing) as normal without using your resources to attack or recruit but the idea of KO'ing wounds is supposed to be a trade off since you're giving up obtaining victory pts and hero cards on your turn. Now I'm fairly positive that you cannot do this because that is then using up your one and only FS turn just as it uses up a turn in normal play.

Since this isn't a subject in the forums yet, I'm assuming that is correct and obvious but just want to verify to avoid disagreement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since you do not fight Enemies or recruit Heroes during the Final Showdown, yes, I would say you can KO the wounds as long as you do not use a Hero that directly defeats a Villain. However, It doesn't really give you an advantage - you do not draw new cards as the effect of healing the Wounds, you draw them at the end of a normal (not a FS) turn, so the only advantage you have is that you do not have the wounds in your hand (where they have already done their harm by being drawn instead of useful cards) or in your deck (the game at the moment doesn't care about wounds in your deck at the end). You might use it to feed Bishop's Absorb Energies, but right now that is the only advantage I could see.

So, the answer to your question is: Yes, you can KO Wounds during a Final Showdown, but no, you cannot do it in order to get a new hand of 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.