Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Picked up the Mayfair edition last night at the best FLGS in Canada (J&J's in Waterloo, who also somehow forced me to buy a copy of Coal Baron) and can't seem to find a PDF of the rules on their website.

Does one exist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You don't need a PDF. You need a lawyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Basic, Advanced and Optional rules pdfs for the Phalanx version are all here on BGG in the files section. Those should be the current rules as the rules haven't changed since GDW Games' 2ed rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, they have changed. Re: when does control of a space change, after the combat phase or at the end of the turn. Matters in the case of capturing a recruitment space behind the front lines. In one case you can immediately recruit there, and in the other you cannot.

This is my personal AHD rules pet peeve, and it has flipped back and forth between rules versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Actually, they have changed. Re: when does control of a space change, after the combat phase or at the end of the turn. Matters in the case of capturing a recruitment space behind the front lines. In one case you can immediately recruit there, and in the other you cannot.

This is my personal AHD rules pet peeve, and it has flipped back and forth between rules versions.

So Mayfair changed it to after combat? Phalanx has it at the end of the turn as my group and I have always played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Combat Commander, Up Front, Fields of Fire, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan Tuijp wrote:

Huh? Am I missing a joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
Jan Tuijp wrote:

Huh? Am I missing a joke?

Well, yeah... a lame one. You said you were somehow forced to buy a game. So I pictured three thugs, cornering you with a silly boardgame and a menacing smile...

Memo to me: use a smiley once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TracerBullet wrote:
Windopaene wrote:

So Mayfair changed it to after combat? Phalanx has it at the end of the turn as my group and I have always played it.

IIRC, and the posts are in the forum, 2nd edition was after combat, Phalanx end of turn, and don't know or Mayfair, though I think they left it at end of turn with optionally doing at end of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.