4 Posts

Eldritch Horror» Forums » Rules

Subject: Delayed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may sound as a stupid question, but I prefer that everything is clear when we made the debut of the game.

The delayed part says that if you are delayed in your action phase you lose all your remaining actions instead of becoming delayed.

1) If I already used my last action when the delayed part appear, I still avoid the delayed effect? (knocking the figure down)

2) If something (I don't read the cards so I'm not sure if this is a valid question) gives me more actions by choice (maybe a reaction o something), can I use them after avoiding the knocking down the figure part of the delayed effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
1. From the FAQ: "If the investigator has no actions remaining to lose, he will not become Delayed, and he will be able to perform actions in the next round."

2. Sure, why not. If you are not delayed you can use actions from other sources.

But:

From the reference guide: "Charlie cannot use his action ability on an investigator that is Delayed." By extension I would rule that if something else would grant actions when delayed, they will be lost. Note that this will not apply when you avoid being delayed when delayed during your action phase (which is the case in your question).

Edited because I misread question 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horner
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes

2) If you are delayed during your action phase, then instead of being delayed, you forfeit your remaining actions and your action phase ends. Play then passes to the next player. I don't believe the situation you describe can actually occur, because (1) you can only take actions during your action phase, and it has ended at this point, and (2) I don't know of any effects to grant you any extra actions.

If you are required to do something by a Mythos card or reckoning effect, then you do what you are told. For example, at Reckoning, if a Hound of Tindalos is on the board and you are the closest investigator to it, then it moves to your space and you encounter it. This is not "getting an extra action" though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much guys!

As an extra reward I would post something that may be interesting to you

http://stapletonmctavish.deviantart.com/art/Cthulhuian-Font-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.