Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ive played at 2 Venus an have come in 2nd to my brother in most games.
Ive never won an OP.
Who else is sick of hearing the banter of how powerful the Borg is its the same BS when i went to my first month 2 and got hit with BoF and was killed
went 2 for 3 in that OP. I love this game I've been waiting for this game and just tried of hearing the whining.

I had all of the Heroclix Star Trek never played an OP sold them to by STAW and have not looked back since.

Best Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for this powerful lesson on the proper way to whine about things we don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
Posting in a Board Game Geek Dot Com thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Albrecht
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
alepperd wrote:

But it's a highbrow forum. I got a PM once saying so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks i learned a new word. i like to learn 1 thing a day new and this was it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonas Albrecht wrote:
alepperd wrote:

But it's a highbrow forum. I got a PM once saying so.

And I could tell by the easy and intuitive interface as well as the broad number of free profile customization options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been a couple of other threads recently questioning if this is the only/best place on the internet for AW info.

Given the recent departure of Andrew Parks and the self-admitted inanity/hostility of the Great Maneuver Card Debate threads, I think it is a legitimate question.

Is there a viable alternative? Or, are we in a naturally occurring low point in the life-cycle of a web forum and we just need to ride it out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's a better forum, I haven't found it. And this one is actually quite good, given the standards of the internet.

The only thing I can think to do to maintain or improve the tone here is to use a heavier hand on the user moderation features. If a post strikes me as rude I hit the X now, when I might not have before. I don't know if that will help any, but I can't think of anything else short of setting up an invite-only forum somewhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not trying to be rude.
Thanks Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have 5 kids in our playgroup.

They have a blast no matter what, even when the Borg are involved, even when they go 0-3 (They are all actually pretty good and place well most of the time). Everyone should take a lesson from the kids on how to have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tsuk
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dstair2002 wrote:
I was not trying to be rude.
Thanks Rob

Actually I wasn't thinking of this thread or your post in particular. I'm sorry that my post sounded like a criticism of you as that wasn't my intent.

Even so, any post that complains about other people complaining too much isn't likely to improve the discourse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Stair
United States
Macon Area
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood that Rod and value your opinion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes the losses are more memorable because you think, "Oh! If I had only done this instead of that I would have won!"

This happened in my last OP3. I had my three Klingon ships still (Ch'Tang, Maht-H'a, and a Negh'var-class). I had just destroyed two of my opponent's Federation ships and, instead of taking time now to break contact and conquer the planet, my Klingon bloodlust got the better of me and I finished off my opponent before conquering AR-558. That decision won me that game but cost me the tournament because it cost me a battle point that would have assured me a spot in the final round!

I will remember next time - fulfill the objective, then end the game!

I seem to learn a lot more from my failures than my successes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel van de Laar
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stormtrooper721 wrote:
Sometimes the losses are more memorable because you think, "Oh! If I had only done this instead of that I would have won!"

This happened in my last OP3. I had my three Klingon ships still (Ch'Tang, Maht-H'a, and a Negh'var-class). I had just destroyed two of my opponent's Federation ships and, instead of taking time now to break contact and conquer the planet, my Klingon bloodlust got the better of me and I finished off my opponent before conquering AR-558. That decision won me that game but cost me the tournament because it cost me a battle point that would have assured me a spot in the final round!

I would have had all three +1's but for Mike taking an elite Dice resource specifically to use on the planet - which was quite effective (the double pip!!).

DANVAN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danvan wrote:
Stormtrooper721 wrote:

I would have had all three +1's but for Mike taking an elite Dice resource specifically to use on the planet - which was quite effective (the double pip!!).

DANVAN

Your victory over the Borg in the final though was simply magnificent: all three of your Klingon ships surviving, the planet firmly in Klingon hands, both Borg Spheres, which had been undefeated until then, destroyed.

I just wish that I had made it to the final and wiped out the Borg myself. I learned both from my failure and your victory that day: using the planet to shield your fleet from one Sphere while you pounded the other one...if that doesn't make you a Dahar master I don't know what does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.