Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
We played with this expasnion for the first time last night, and it seemed as if the Explorer's ability to bury unwanted room tiles was massively OP. Not only could she bury any Quest Room tiles, rendering them irrelevant, but also just bury any empty rooms AND make the exit appear pretty much twice as fast as it normally would. It just seemed ridiculous.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you play with Quests, I think you are required to find and complete them before exiting in order to win. That's why you are supposed to put those gold tokens on the gem depot and move them onto quests as you complete them. The depot needs to be clear of those tokens in order for you to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Fair enough. It still seems incredibly powerful though, even without the potential for burying quest rooms!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, he is very good...but you get one guy stuck in exploring if you want to take good profit of it. That means you have one less player rolling for keys/torches/whatever you need.

If too easy, you can always make the game harder by adding curses. Soon he will be so limited that he won't be able to do nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Explorer is good, but the ability is definitely not OP.

Because you're forced to explore. Which means you're not activating gems.

Also, for this ability to be OP, you need to prove that it is overpowered. The explorer is really good at finding the exit, but is that something you really have trouble doing? I don't.

I find that the explorer is good at avoiding curse tiles, and that is pretty powerful. But I don't think it's any significantly more powerful than other powers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.