Subject: Salvo fire modifier in Close Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Carr
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone!

Regarding the "+1 Attacker has fired salvo prior" close combat modifier, must the modifier be used on the same target that has been fired with salvo? If it is used on the same target, I find it extremely hard to keep track which unit salvo fire which unit when you have a huge mass of attackers attacking. If it does not, I find it strange it would still have an effect on units not salvo fired upon. Thank you for looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berg Asklev Hansen
Denmark
Vejle
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically the unit just need to have fired salvo to get the modifier, but realism-wise it makes sense to houserule that you only get the modifier vs the unit you fired salvo on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The modifier is from a trained drill performed by the attacking battalion. It was an aggressive rush of all hands screened by the smoke generated by the salvo. The salvo drill benefitted the attacker as much as any particular effect the salvo had on the intended target, no need to track the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Carr
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is a wonderful piece of detail. I feel better using the modifier now that I know the historical context. I'm loving the game even more. Thank you Ben and Brian.
benhull wrote:
The modifier is from a trained drill performed by the attacking battalion. It was an aggressive rush of all hands screened by the smoke generated by the salvo. The salvo drill benefitted the attacker as much as any particular effect the salvo had on the intended target, no need to track the target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.