United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://megacongames.com/games/myth/

Really nice video!
As noted in the Kickstarter update, there were two minor mistakes, neither of which affect the gameplay:

1) The Darkness AP is moved up for no reason at 7:12. In the end, the Darkness AP ends up on the correct number after my Shadow’s Touch.

2) And the Brigand has an extra Vitality through the whole video.

(They said they'd add annotations to the video to note this as well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think there is a small mistake at approx 10:30, all 4 grubbers can manoeuver to attack the brigand, since they are intelligent they should do it. Apprentice should not have been attacked. No mistake on the 2nd darkness cycle because the Apprentice were alredy in melee with 1 of them but you do not explain why he is not changing target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It is Kenny's fault
He is not moving the 2nd Grubber far enough since he can go to the square just "below" the Brigand, instead he is taking the space the last Grubber should take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
he sure sounds bored in game play video 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
I think there is a small mistake at approx 10:30, all 4 grubbers can manoeuver to attack the brigand, since they are intelligent they should do it. Apprentice should not have been attacked. No mistake on the 2nd darkness cycle because the Apprentice were alredy in melee with 1 of them but you do not explain why he is not changing target.

Agreed. Good catch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Their explanation of the loitering mechanic and how it actually balances a two player game is interesting- I hadn't quite thought of it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolem wrote:
Their explanation of the loitering mechanic and how it actually balances a two player game is interesting- I hadn't quite thought of it that way.

Yeah...but the game is already more difficult for 2p, so the added equipment is needed IMO. 2p may also mean less Monsters...which again means less Treasure. There are already enough things going against 2p. I don't think Loitering needs to be added to that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Miller

Columbus
Ohio
msg tools
Columbus, OH's best all '90s rock cover act: facebook.com/oddjobpolicy
badge
I can't believe your head exploded. If your head explodes, you'll never make it on BGG.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolem wrote:

You also have a smaller chance of pulling an item the party can use...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been a fun session. We are on the last tile and have decided to take on a Boss. It will make for some good videos. Part 2 should be ready this weekend. Part 3 mid next week.

Kenny's Apprentice has 1 piece of Blue gear and 1 piece of Green gear. I have 3 pieces of Green gear.

Dealt with 2 traps: Dragon's Breath and Darkness Falls

Loitered 3 times.

Gained a total of 4 Serendipity and spent 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
North Fort Myers
Florida
flag msg tools
Solo Gamers are NOT lonely!
badge
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it be possible to get one of those clear Brigand's? (Female version too?) I would love to buy one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Chase
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thanks Brian, great video. I'm looking forward to the boss fight!

On the loitering point... I like the fact that the heroes have options. There was an advantage to loitering, but there was a cost too, so the players have to decide whether it's worth it.

I understand it's not always an option, but bad draws can happen just like bad rolls can happen. There are a lot of ways bad luck can make the heroes lives difficult, but I think overcoming those challenges is part of the fun and adds variety to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually both time they attack the heroes all four could of attacked the same hero but didn't place them properly. In the first attack, 10:55, I think it was, the first, or second, Grubbers should of went right below the hero not to the upper right of him and the remaining three fills in on the right.... The other at 11:35, same, just move that first one to be right below the hero and the other fill in acordingly on the right side.

Also, when the graphics show threat range for the Grubbers, 3:39, I think it was, they should of included the upper right square.... But I am not sure it is a valid square on the tile to occupy as my game is put away and have been taking this time paint my figures.

Excited about painting these figures, this game inspired me to jump in and try painting... So in a way it's kinda helping me forget out the second wave delay as I have plenty to do now while I wait. Awesome game thus far... And future backer of the next kickstarter, too.

Edited for times, blah blah....

Also, I'm glad we get to see some other heroes in action and how to play them within the game as I got the soldier and acolyte down pretty much need to move onto playing with the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Coleman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runescience wrote:

Yeah he sounds really excited and enthused to be playing his own game. snore

For "official" videos you'd expect a little more energy and motivation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
runescience wrote:

Next time he should bounce around like one of those VJs on MTV. Or carry on like someone selling the chubb-blaster on the home shopping network.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Griffin
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
Will it be possible to get one of those clear Brigand's? (Female version too?) I would love to buy one.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those are convention giveaways... Wait for gencon they started that right after Adepticon at Pax East.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
JoyrexJ9 wrote:
runescience wrote:

Next time he should bounce around like one of those VJs on MTV. Or carry on like someone selling the chubb-blaster on the home shopping network.

mtv's doesnt play music anymore. sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Elliott
United States
West Harrison
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curfew wrote:
Those are convention giveaways... Wait for gencon they started that right after Adepticon at Pax East.

I got one at PAX East, although it wasn't a giveaway. It cost $15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jef stuyck
Belgium
flag msg tools
I hope they are going to essen too then I need me some clear miniatures!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt they'll come to any Canadian conventions though. Hopefully they'll add them as optional buys on the next KS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmbmb
At one point, he (Brian?) makes an offhand comment to the effect of how he's going to play Shadow's Reach, Shadow's Touch, and Unseen Ally as a combo to attack twice without losing Shadows. Then he proceeds to only play the first two cards, and as a result he loses Shadows. I found that frustrating that he neither plays the combo nor explains why he couldn't or didn't do so. Was it because the AP triggered the Darkness before he could play the card? Or did he just decide he liked his interrupt better (even though it did to protect him than shadows would) and/or wanted to. Was he just trying to provide some cover for the Apprentice?
The brigand's ability to play combos is really poorly explained in the rulebook, so I was looking forward to seeing it in motion to confirm I've been playing it right (or to educate me on the correct way to play it if I'm doing it wrong). I hope the future videos cover the Combo and Optional keywords better and show an a situation where the combo actual makes a functional difference.

What puzzles me the most (from that video) is how/why the Ranged Crawlers spread out like that when they moved away from the Apprentice. Shouldn't they have been subject to the "scout" rule? The rulebook gives the impression that they should have moved as a group and remained adjacent to one another at the end of their activation. If they don't, then what is the point of ever declaring any minion a scout? It's not to simply save time in counting out distances, because the example in the rulebook has adjacent monsters moving different amounts of MP to stay adjacent to their scout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R_b_bergstrom wrote:
At one point, he (Brian?) makes an offhand comment to the effect of how he's going to play Shadow's Reach, Shadow's Touch, and Unseen Ally as a combo to attack twice without losing Shadows. Then he proceeds to only play the first two cards, and as a result he loses Shadows. I found that frustrating that he neither plays the combo nor explains why he couldn't or didn't do so. Was it because the AP triggered the Darkness before he could play the card? Or did he just decide he liked his interrupt better (even though it did to protect him than shadows would) and/or wanted to. Was he just trying to provide some cover for the Apprentice?
The brigand's ability to play combos is really poorly explained in the rulebook, so I was looking forward to seeing it in motion to confirm I've been playing it right (or to educate me on the correct way to play it if I'm doing it wrong). I hope the future videos cover the Combo and Optional keywords better and show an a situation where the combo actual makes a functional difference.

Brian talks a little on the first point in this thread:
http://megacongames.vanillaforums.com/discussion/498/gamepla...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.