Popular Tags: [View All]
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the NPC scout for you prior to you drawing the event card? I assume yes, because the rules say "immediately if a player starts his turn in the same sea-zone."

So the true turn order would be:

1 - Enemy NPCs in the same hex scout for you (if applicable).

2 - Draw event card

3 - Carry out 3 actions

Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rockhpi wrote:
Does the NPC scout for you prior to you drawing the event card? I assume yes, because the rules say "immediately if a player starts his turn in the same sea-zone."

So the true turn order would be:

1 - Enemy NPCs in the same hex scout for you (if applicable).

2 - Draw event card

3 - Carry out 3 actions

Correct?

In my interpretation, the event card happens before any given player starts their turn. So:

1 - Event Card
2 - Player 1 turn begins (deal with NPC if in same sea zone)
3 - Player 1 finished turn
4 - Player 2 turn begins (deal with NPC if in same sea zone)
etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, event card happens before any players turn. Are you drawing a card before every player turn? You wouldn't be the first to make that mistake because I believe the rule book refers to a round of player turns as a "turn", which has led to confusion in the past.

If so, you'll see that the wording on cards like the storms make more sense if you only draw them once per "round".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook uses a somewhat less common definition of a "turn", by calling it the entire sequence where you draw a single event card then all [four] players get to take their three actions in order. That's more commonly considered a "round".

After that entire turn (round) is completed, only then does the next turn (round) start by drawing another event card.

When it refers to a player starting their turn, it means that player's own portion of the turn - in other words, just before they begin taking actions. That same point is when an NPC would scout for them if they were already in the same sea zone.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erin Sparks
United States
Garden City
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK...we were drawing an event card before each player. I'm looking at the rulebook that is on the Z-man website and it appears to be quite overhauled compared to mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rockhpi wrote:
OK...we were drawing an event card before each player. I'm looking at the rulebook that is on the Z-man website and it appears to be quite overhauled compared to mine.

You sure? I don't believe there are massively different versions of the rulebook. Unless they snuck in a new updated version without me knowing (which would be fine, I just hadn't noticed)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You always do events first. But... if a naval ship is in your sector and a move command comes up then it does not move but stays there to scout you at the beginning of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
marqzen wrote:
rockhpi wrote:

You sure? I don't believe there are massively different versions of the rulebook. Unless they snuck in a new updated version without me knowing (which would be fine, I just hadn't noticed)

We give the event deck to the starting player.

It essentially becomes the start player token and it is their job to draw every turn.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.