United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I design custom wooden organizers for board games on the side that are produced by an online retailer. I am starting this thread to see if there is interest in an insert for dice that will go into a standard deck box, or if people would be interested in a custom deck box for this game. Ether design would accommodate the 14 cards and 40 dice for tournament play.

Please comment in this thread about what option you would like to see and why. Or add other ideas. If this is a project that you would like to see done please go to my geeklist and thumb the project: Wood/Foam-core Box Organizer Design List.

Thanks for your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you were talking a complete storage solution over an insert, I would think it might make more sense for a solution that holds 132+ cards and A LOT more dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United States
Old Bridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baxter building/xmansion/stark tower/asguard dice towers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To start I was going to make something that would hold one deck to take with you to game night. I can make a full storage solution but it would come at a later time. The problem with a full storage solution is how big to make it. 8 of each die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United States
Denver
CO - Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a 'travel' box would need room for 10 cards, 40 dice (20 for team, 12 action dice, 8 sidekicks) and a bag. And any 'complete' storage solution would be a little silly as we have no idea how many expansions are coming down the pipe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was counting the four reminder cards for the basic actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Wandolowski
United States
Fox Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't mind something that can carry the entire set with everything. That way after playing a game I can go through my cards and change my setup and play again with different characters. Carrying a limited amount of cards doesn't leave many options if you or your opponent wants to try different themes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea. What about making it a 2 piece (similar to a standard board game box design) with one of those 2 pieces felt lined inside to use as a rolling tray?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look at the organizers I design they are assembled by the user. I can leave enough room to line the cover, but the lining would be something that you would have to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caden Hall
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow you have almost read my mind!! I have been working on a VERY similar project for a kickstarter project for the last 5 weeks or so. I personal love it as you can tell from my working on a similar project. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Judnick
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
Excellent!

Another suggestion would be to accommodate semi-constructed formats, as it sounds like that will be common OP practice.

So that would be room for
4 action reminder cards
2 basic actions
4 character cards with 3 corresponding dice
12 action dice
8 sidekicks
Dice bag
Life counter

Then room for the 10 pack buy in (20 more cards and dice).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a good point. I did not think of the semi constructed format. My current thought is to provide two options. A basic dice box that will hold the required cards and dice for constructed, And a deluxe box that would accommodate two constructed decks or one semi constructed.

I will work on a full storage solution if there is enough interest. I will post a poll later about that for community feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the preliminary layout of the basic tournament box done. I have two options for the dice storage. Please let me know what one your would prefer.

Poll
In a deck box specifically made for Dice Masters, how would you like the dice organized?
In five compartments that each hold 10 dice.
In ten compartments broken down as follows: (2) 10 dice, (1) 6 dice, (5) 4 dice, and (2) 2 dice compartments.
Other (please post a comment below).
      13 answers
Poll created by treebeardtheent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Renato
Portugal
Vila Nova Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
I run through Rahdo's Runthroughs and make right what once went wrong (via annotations)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would prefer a box to hold all dice and cards and with space for further expansions... I know it's impossible to imagine how many there will be but still...

Also, space to hold 2 playmats the sise of a normal mouse pad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I would want to see any 2-dice compartments? 8 dice per compartment is likely enough for anyone's needs plus extras for an opponent they are supplying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was making space for the 9 basic action dice.

I will be looking at a set box, but it will take more time than I have right not. This is specifically for tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since Wizkids will be making set boxes that hold 300 dice, is there still interest in a wooden set box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.