Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
112 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

BattleCON: War of Indines» Forums » General

Subject: BattleCON: War Remastered Edition Coming to Kickstarter (the week of 5/19) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin G.
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's officially coming next week! Here is a link to the email announcement: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=04f7e7faf4142bab287bb1d5...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anahuacamole09 wrote:
It's officially coming next week! Here is a link to the email announcement: http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=04f7e7faf4142bab287bb1d5...

awesome news I feel like the wait has been forever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CAN'T WAIT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to upgrade my old War cards. And then admire them in the box because I don't have a local opponent. soblue

I hope BattleCON Online is up and running soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping for, and waking on word of, if there will be an upgrade kit for us previous war owners.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
Any idea whether there will be a tier for people to pick up Devastation, etc., along with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
I'm still hoping for, and waking on word of, if there will be an upgrade kit for us previous war owners.

There IS an upgrade kit already, included in the BattleCon Devastation Extended Edition, that patches the First Edition cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in kaiju.
mbmbmbmbmb
New play modes? Are these different than the ones in Devestation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
HuginnGreiling wrote:
Any idea whether there will be a tier for people to pick up Devastation, etc., along with this?

I have no insider knowledge or anything but my guess is yes, he will offer Devastation for sale along with it. I say this because A) they offered it for sale along with the last KS they did as well and B) this is the perfect opportunity to sell a bunch of copies and I can't imagine them passing it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Damn damn son of a bitch damn. I just bought War a couple weeks ago. Assuming the price isn't ridiculous, I'll probably get this if for no other reason than new art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Time to upgrade my old War cards. And then admire them in the box because I don't have a local opponent. soblue

I hope BattleCON Online is up and running soon.

I have been lucky to play with my daughter until my schedule clears up and I can catch up with a gaming group again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G.
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't feel bad man. I've been hunting the original down for months just so that I could have the artwork from the artist who won't be with this release and the few extra kickstarter characters. I'm sure the rerelease will be just as special in its own way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Can't wait! Let's spread the word and make this project a huge success.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So psyched!

(Crossposted this to the Devastation forums. Stealin yo thumbs.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Espinoza
Canada
flag msg tools
Ahhhhh. I remember playing this game on iOS with my brother and we really enjoyed it since we both like fighting games, and I just finally found a Canadian retailer with a decent price tag for Devastation of the Indines.

As I understand it, they're standalone and I could add the new War of Indines reprint after right? I'm just not sure whether I should wait for this Kickstarter and THEN fulfillment before I get to play it!

Any recommendations as to whether I should wait for the Kickstarter or just grab Devastation and then add this after?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Parsa
Germany
flag msg tools
It's better
badge
if you can do without
mbmbmb
I'd go for the second options. The wait will kill you.
Instead of waiting for both games to arrive you will have time to enjoy Devastation and then dive into all "new" characters coming with War.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Vantries
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
anahuacamole09 wrote:
Don't feel bad man. I've been hunting the original down for months just so that I could have the artwork from the artist who won't be with this release and the few extra kickstarter characters. I'm sure the rerelease will be just as special in its own way!

The Level 99 website has copies of War of Indines in stock (that's where I got my copy just a couple weeks ago).

edit: the art in War sucks! That's a horrible reason to want to get the original version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Burnham wrote:
edit: the art in War sucks! That's a horrible reason to want to get the original version.

Oh, i don't know about that. some of the illustrations are pretty good. Hepzibah and Luc look a lot better in the original than they do in the updated version, and Cadenza looks equally crappy in both lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CassiusCinna wrote:
Ahhhhh. I remember playing this game on iOS with my brother and we really enjoyed it since we both like fighting games, and I just finally found a Canadian retailer with a decent price tag for Devastation of the Indines.

As I understand it, they're standalone and I could add the new War of Indines reprint after right? I'm just not sure whether I should wait for this Kickstarter and THEN fulfillment before I get to play it!

Any recommendations as to whether I should wait for the Kickstarter or just grab Devastation and then add this after?

If you get Devastation, you might consider getting it directly from lvl99games. They will send promo characters with it. If you get it from elsewhere, you don't get the promo characters.

If you can wait even longer, I'm sure the promo characters will also be listed and included in the kickstarter...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Espinoza
Canada
flag msg tools
Phyr wrote:
I'd go for the second options. The wait will kill you.
Instead of waiting for both games to arrive you will have time to enjoy Devastation and then dive into all "new" characters coming with War.

Yeah that's a good way of putting it. I just got the PnP Demo ready. Tomorrow we're going to give it a spin to see how it feels on the actual tabletop and that'll probably seal it.

rokkon wrote:
If you get Devastation, you might consider getting it directly from lvl99games. They will send promo characters with it. If you get it from elsewhere, you don't get the promo characters.

If you can wait even longer, I'm sure the promo characters will also be listed and included in the kickstarter...

That's a good point the difference between the price where I found it and level99 is only 20$ but unfortunately I just checked and it says 46$ in shipping to Canada from level99 so it's a bit out of my reach (it is an 8lb box though!).

Hopefully they give an option to pledge for the promo characters in the reprint for War kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The promos are not very exciting though. A couple of them are very, very casual. Just saying in case this is bothering you due to price. I actually don't play with any of them, since they don't match the vibe and coolness of the official cast.

Mileage may vary, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's very true. The only one I like is Claus and Wynnhall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CassiusCinna wrote:
As I understand it, they're standalone and I could add the new War of Indines reprint after right?

Correct. Devastation and War both stand alone just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G.
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[/q]edit: the art in War sucks! That's a horrible reason to want to get the original version.[/q]

You have your reason for wanting games and I have mine. Everyone is allowed their own opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Rouse
United States
Thibodaux
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not on the internet! We have rules here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.