Subject: What's up with the box insert? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Jarmusch

Oakland
New Jersey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone found a way to keep the game pieces safe and secure in the box without removing the insert? Seems like its more in the way than useful. Maybe I'm just not seeing an obvious placement solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see you've never bought a game from Fantasy Flight Games before.

Sometimes you can make their insert work, but the vast majority of the time you just throw it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert is simply meant to keep the components from getting damaged during shipping. It's not meant to be functional for game storage. This is true not just of FFG, but of most game companies: the first priority is making sure the game hasn't gotten wrecked before it hits the shelves.

(This is also why FFG puts all sorts of stuff in ziploc bags and shrink-wrap, too.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't even remember there being a box insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Codarin
Italy
Udine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i printed the files from the file selection, tossed out the insert and put everything in the main box! fits nicely and everything is in order, cards a re sleeved and divided so i can pick up and set up fast without much time delay

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack of Clubs
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't sleeved everything, but I've got tuckboxes. Everything from the base game and the three expansions I own fits in the box. And there's still room - probably enough for another expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I use sleeves for the cards, and the base game and the first two expansions fit into the base game box with the insert. The aliens are in a ziplock bag in the middle trough, each player's pieces separately bagged on top, while all cards and special tokens are bagged separately under the larger right(?) side of the insert.

If you go above the first two expansions, just throw away the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
Ah, I see you've never bought a game from Fantasy Flight Games before.

Sometimes you can make their insert work, but the vast majority of the time you just throw it out.

This is by no way specific to FFG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
No, but they use the exact same insert for every game, and it's equally suited for all of them (which is to say, completely unsuited).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.