Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official FAQ indicates that a disk with Impact+Relentless (such as Grom the Paunch) can apply Impact damage many times on the same disk, but only after first moving onto this disk:
Quote:
Can a disk with impact and relentless (such as Grom the Paunch) flip onto a disk, deal impact damage
to it, then flip off of that disk and back on to deal impact damage again?

Yes. A disk with impact and relentless can flip off the disk it deals impact damage to and then flip back on to deal its impact damage again. This does not violate the rule that impact damage cannot be dealt to a disk by a disk that was pinning it prior to flipping, because it was not pinning the other disk prior to the second flip that deals impact damage.
Now, I don't understand the justification in the last sentence: doesn't the FAQ mean instead "because it was not pinning the other disk prior to the first flip that dealt impact damage"?

In fact, the rules read (p. 21):
Quote:
A disk cannot deal impact damage to a disk it was already pinning prior to flipping.
where "prior to flipping" would then be interpreted in the FAQ as meaning "before starting moving".

What's your take on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no contradiction:

Let's say I have a disk A with impact and relentless. I want to pin one of your disks (B) that is one flip. I flip ONTO B and do impact damage. Now disk A is on top of B (only partially overlapping). Say that I flip again. Two things can happen:

-After the flip I am still pinning B. In this case I do NOT do impact damage because your disk was already pinned.

-I flip so that I am not pinning B anymore. Clearly this does not do impact damage (since I am not pinning B). BUT if I have moves remaining I can move again to "repin" and in this case do impact damage.

Note that you cannot do it a third time, because relentless only allows you to go through your enemy disks once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Nashura, that makes sense. I had missed the part that describes how the moving disk leaves the disk it was pinning before pinning it again.

The rules would be more clear if they read:
Quote:
A disk cannot deal impact damage to a disk it was already pinning prior to its flip.
(instead of "flipping", which could be interpreted as "starting flipping" at the beginning of a move).

I'm glad that you mentioned the fact that Impact+Relentless cannot do more than 2 Impacts, normally: this hinges on a little detail of Relentless that I had missed too (the fact that enemy pinned disks can be left only once during movement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.