Subject: Scoring Question: Did we do this right? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Aeschleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this has been asked before. There are 120+ threads and I really cant go through them all just to see if my question would be answered...I did, however look up the FAQ on BGG to see, but it wasn't there...anyway...I just bought the game. My friend and I played it tonight. I was USA and ended up winning through 20 vp's on turn 7 thanks to dominating the Middle east, Europe, and South America...My friend went on a campaign in Africa cause he had the Africa scoring card in his hand. He had a bunch (At least 7) of basic countries and only 1 battle ground country...meanwhile, in Africa, I had 3 battleground countries. When he played the scoring card, He clearly had more countries than me, but I had more battleground countries. Were we correct in scoring it as he only had "Presence" in Africa, and not "Domination" because he didn't have more battleground countries than me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
You were correct in scoring Africa if you scored it Presence for the both of you, plus bonus V.P. for each battle ground you own. Sounds like the second part would have helped you out with +3 vs. his +1, for a net of +2 in you favor.

Nice win!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Aeschleman
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's exactly how we scored it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.