Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Other than initial game setup, is Intel Overflow the only way that Red Intel gets placed on the board?

And a related question: The four new Australia Villain cards that say to place Intel in an Australian city place yellow Intel, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No they place Red Intel, unless you are out of Red Intel then no intel appears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
No they place Red Intel, unless you are out of Red Intel then no intel appears.

Wow, I didn't expect that answer. So, only Red Intel is place in Australian cities, and only Yellow Intel in non-Australian cities, correct?

I think I was thrown off by the section in the rulebook that states you only gain Yellow Intel when "non-specific Intel" is mentioned on a card or encounter. Since the Villain cards don't specify Intel color, I assumed it would be Yellow.

Maybe in future printings of the expansion, you could specify "Red Intel" on the Villain cards that reference Australian cities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Booth
United Kingdom
Bicester
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I fully agree that it could have been clearer, the text you're referring to specifically mentions "Any reward in either Encounter Book, card or Henchman that results in non-specific 'Intel' being gained."

In the terminology of both base game and expansion, 'rewards' refer to gains from passed encounters.

But the rulebook could have done with a line specifying that all Intel in Australia is red (it's almost there, but not quite). I think right from the start, Jason and I had it in our heads that that was the case, so it was second nature by the time we got round to the rulebook... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I see that from the rules this is not sufficiently addressed, which is an oversight. However if players do add Yellow Intel to Australia it is not the end of the world. Pulling of Australian Fate cards for placement of Intel rarely happens and in most games the placement of yellow instead of red would have little effect. I wouldn't let it disrupt your gameplay. But the intention was that you place Red. Red Intel in Australia, in general, does make the game a little more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.