Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I opened a whole Gf last night and the cards were a mess. They don't even stay stacked in a deck they are so warped. How do you guys flatten them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put them under something heavy like a thick hard-cover book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Binder pages and sleeves straighten them out no problem. If you aren'y going to use sleeves put them under a stack of books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed G.
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gently bending them by hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursus_Major wrote:
Gently bending them by hand.

Ditto. Bending by hand is fine for me (I sleeve too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick B
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:
Just put them under something heavy like a thick hard-cover book.

This strategy worked for me. I put the cards in piles of two or three and lined them up under a textbook.

Now all I need to do is actually get a copy of the base game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I put wall mine in a white sports card/CCG box. To fill the extra space and put some tension on the cards I filled the empty space with some playing card decks and that did a great job. Like other have said, I also gently bent the really bad ones by hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bend them back into shape as much as I can, then sandwich them between two blocks of wood and a portable vise for 24 hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Bazar
United States
Visalia
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I put an iron on top of a stack of them which then leaked so the top half got damp so I then layed them out to dry overnight and then I put a book on them to flatten out the warping caused by dampness.

Roundabout method but I would recommend it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to a construction yard and rented a steam roller for a half hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McKinley
United States
San Jacinito
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just put them in small piles under a copy of "Conway's all the world's fighting ships 1906-1921". After a night of that they straightened out. Lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wyley
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I put 6 Leatherbound books stacked on top of mine. This worked wonders for most of them. Except Magneto...for some reason I can't break him to my will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.
badge
This. This is what I am. This is who I am. Come hell or high water. If I deny it, I deny everything I've ever done... Everything I've ever fought for.
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
Binder pages and sleeves straighten them out no problem. If you aren'y going to use sleeves put them under a stack of books.

This. Might I suggest Dragon Shield sleeves. They are thicker than other sleeves so they give the cards a little more durability. That thickness also helps straighten them out when put in binder sleeves, like an Ultra-Pro Pro Binder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placed them under boxes of ammunition for a night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jason johnston
United States
California
flag msg tools
when i just had a few cards - something heavy

after i got my booster box - actually i just rubber banded them all together as i didnt have really any other way. work well actually, and rather quickly from what i remember. i did a band around horizontally and a 2nd vertically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
crash331 wrote:
I opened a whole Gf last night and the cards were a mess. They don't even stay stacked in a deck they are so warped. How do you guys flatten them out?

Really???

you can't figure something out...like a book or something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My neighbor is building a small addition so we put them in between some concrete blocks.

He finished the addition early yesterday so I'm looking for some more gravity feeds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stack them, put a CD jewelcase on top of them (so that the pressure is more concentrated) and then stack a few board games on top of that. Leave them overnight and during the next workday and you'd never know that they were bendy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:

This is what I've done, works really well. FFG clear sleeves (which are quite thick) in Ultra-Pro binders overnight straightens them out really well.

Failing that, a pile of heavy books works quite well (although I put about 6 textbooks on top of a pile of cards overnight, and while the cards were better they weren't entirely fixed - perhaps I should have had several small piles rather than one big one?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ
United States
Calhoun
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrWhoWho wrote:
crash331 wrote:

Really???

you can't figure something out...like a book or something

Why are some people such rabble rousers? It's a simple, fun question and obviously people have different answers.

Of course I know how to put a ****** book on a stack of cards, but I wanted to see what other people did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the 90 packs I've opened, I've also had two sets of cards that were glued together and damaged when I prised them apart. One of the four cards thusly damaged was my SR, Tsarina
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wheels
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RDewsbery wrote:
Of the 90 packs I've opened, I've also had two sets of cards that were glued together and damaged when I prised them apart. One of the four cards thusly damaged was my SR, Tsarina

That's just cruel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheels2050 wrote:
RDewsbery wrote:

That's just cruel.

Makes me want to cry. Sounds like a tale of board gaming horror that could be told on the Dice Tower podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacie Winters
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I put all my cards in a binder for better organization after I first bent them back as best as I could and then after I placed the cards in as many even sized stacks as possible with about 8 large role playing game books on top of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bennett
United States
Newton
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
Why did the painter paint the wall for free? Because it was on the house.
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife has a sewing room with an ironing board and iron always set up. So I put the iron on the "Wool" setting, laid out three cards in a row and ironed them for a couple seconds. Took me about half an hour to do all the cards from two gravity feeds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.