Subject: Looking for English-speaking group in Leuven / Brussels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
e f
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
Heya!

I just moved to Leuven and am looking for a pen&paper roleplaying group. I'm 31, work as a post-doc at KU Leuven, and don't speak Dutch, so an English group would be great.

I'm fairly agnostic about systems – that is, I enjoy various kinds of elements that different systems bring with them. For example, I like method-acting and dialogue-heavy systems such as the world of darkness series (e.g., Vampire The Masquerade), I like tactical and planning elements that systems like Shadowrun can bring with them, and I also very much enjoy building epic characters and battles in systems such as D&D.

Overall, I'm more of a roleplayer than a rollplayer, and enjoy the development of characters, but it really depends on the group and system anyways. In a group with nice people, I can play about anything and enjoy it!

I have quite a bit of experience as both player and gamemaster (about half of my life), although I'd much prefer playing in a new group. I live in Leuven and would prefer to play here, but Brussels is also an option for me.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel it's important to provide some input off the bat. Oh, and do let me know if you have further questions.

Thanks
Eiko

TL;DR
31-year old experienced non-Dutch roleplayer who recently moved to Leuven is looking for a pen&paper RPG group in Leuven/Brussels, open to most systems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well this part of the site is stricly speaking for Boardgames. Come over to RPGGeek, you can acces it through the top of the page push button RPGG. You can use the same password and login. It's a smaller group though, no regional pages but a fair ammount of Belgians on it. And we have a good deal of voip games as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e f
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
ah, i somehow failed to see that -- apologies. in which subboard should i repost this in the RPG forum?

thanks
t.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Eiko,

It seems we are coworkers Send me a geekmail and maybe we can meet for coffee and talk RPGs sometime.

Basically, Leuven has a very closed RPG scene - There are a lot of established groups, but there's not a lot of open invite gaming. We have a story game one-off day coming up soon, so that's a start, I suppose! And there's the RPGGeekmeet, but Jan is right, come over to the RPGGeek side first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't have regionals since we are small but take a look here:

http://rpggeek.com/forum/379246/rpg/conventions-and-meetups
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
e f
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jan w
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't get together very often, but there's an English language guild in Brussels that does RPG's from time to time: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/1502

The members play boardgames almost every week, but we've been playing some Fiasco and we're running an Apocalypse World campaign. Looking forward to trying out other one-shots when everyone can't be present for the AW campaign. Keep an eye on the guild for upcoming RPG sessions and join us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.