Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Douglas Hamilton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see how many people would be interested in traveling to a destination all-inclusive resort full of Boardgame enthusiasts. Enthusiastic board gamers around the world coming together and having some fun playing games and enjoying a beautiful sunny surrounding. I was thinking of somewhere in Mexico or the Caribbean. Cost would be an average rate probably 1500 to 2000 per person. Let's start a thread and talk about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kSwingrÜber
United States
Ridgefield
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

heat? sweaty board-gamers?

gulp

No thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus O'Toole
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doug0105 wrote:
I want to see how many people would be interested in traveling to a destination all-inclusive resort full of Boardgame enthusiasts. Enthusiastic board gamers around the world coming together and having some fun playing games and enjoying a beautiful sunny surrounding. I was thinking of somewhere in Mexico or the Caribbean. Cost would be an average rate probably 1500 to 2000 per person. Let's start a thread and talk about it.

You mean something like this http://boardgametravel.com/cardboard-sun-2014-overview/
I'm not sure how many places there were on that, but it did sell out. I'd imagine something in the Caribbean could be similarly successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Hamilton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Greece hotel looks great. The trip I am proposing would hopefully be less expensive for those in North America it would also be all inclusive (food, drinks etc) this would be a trip that Canadians and Americans and anyone else could have an enjoying time playing board games but also bring family members, partners etc that aren't as into board games. The family. Embers that aren't gamers would have a wonderful vacation too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also TetonCon (now Icarus Tours).
http://www.icarustours.com/teton.html

It's not tropical, but it is a destination event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds like a good idea to me. I would investigate it if it were offered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falcon Arendell

Raleigh
North Carolina
msg tools
mb
"One town's very like another
when your head's down over your pieces brother"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.