David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know how do you understand Sync Action of the prototype. Does it mean, that the prototype gets the synced advantage until the end of the mission, or just temporarily?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
I would like to know how do you understand Sync Action of the prototype. Does it mean, that the prototype gets the synced advantage until the end of the mission, or just temporarily?

My understanding is you get that ability from the moment you SYNC until it is DESTROYED. ("When a facility is destroyed...its effect is no longer active" p.3)

This is why it is harder to defeat the facedown ones to give the Imperial player a better chance to get them in operation. But once they are flipped (synced) then it becomes easier to destroy them and take that advantage away. Your prototype could potentially have all 6 features in play at once which is why the Rebel win is to destroy the prototype.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And how do you treat the extra hit points (in case the bonus is active and the prototype has already been damaged)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
And how do you treat the extra hit points (in case the bonus is active and the prototype has already been damaged)?

I don't understand the issue. You have 3 more hull to absorb more hits than you normally would. So if your hull was 3 and you took 2 damage, you have 1 hull left. If you activate this one you get +3 hull which gives you 4 hull. It will now take 4 more hits to destroy you.

If you get more hits than your original hull and lose the upgrade, then you are destroyed and lose the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us say the ship has 3 hull and losts one. It has two hulls remaining. Then you sync and get to 6 hull (5 remainign). You are hit by 2 dmg. Now if we accept your ruling when the facility is destroyed, it is either a game over or still in play and you have 3 hull remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Let us say the ship has 3 hull and losts one. It has two hulls remaining. Then you sync and get to 6 hull (5 remainign). You are hit by 2 dmg. Now if we accept your ruling when the facility is destroyed, it is either a game over or still in play and you have 3 hull remaining.

As I already quoted, the effect goes away as soon as the facility is destroyed. You will be reduced back to 3 hull. You don't lose the hits. So if at this point you have 3 or more hit cards (while only having 3 hull), game over.

Is there some reason why you don't think this is right? It seems very clear to me and covered in the mission rules already. There is no "ruling" to accept - it is all right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong reading on my site perhaps. But I still think there was a place for speculations. BTW: have you played it that way? If so, how balanced was your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
mrakomor wrote:
Wrong reading on my site perhaps. But I still think there was a place for speculations.

OK, I thought maybe there was something specific that I was missing.

I don't have the rules with me right now, but under the action explanation for Sync, it is clear that is when you pick up the ability. Under the rules for Destroying a facility, it is clear that you have the ability until the specific facility is destroyed. The rules list the benefit of each facility.

And while they don't spell out the interaction of having more hits than hull if you lose the hull upgrade, the default rules apply - when you have Damage cards equal to or exceeding your hull than your ship is destroyed (p. 13 Core rules). So I don't see room to come up with another rules explanation.

How did you think it would work otherwise? That if you lost the hull boost you would also discard 3 damage cards?

Quote:
BTW: have you played it that way? If so, how balanced was your game?

We have not yet played this mission. But I had read through it and thought it was self explanatory. After going through it again with your questions, I don't see any room for speculation or other interpretations. Everything is covered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.