Mike Lanser
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, this is a question related to Bilbo, but maybe it applies to heroes across the board too and I've never thought about it until now.

Bilbo's card says he has an action where you can spend a Baggins resource to search your deck for a treasure. Do I need to exhaust Bilbo to take this action, or since the action doesn't specify needing to exhaust him, do I just pay the resource?

And if the latter is the case, can I only use the action once, or is my use of the action limited only by my resources pool?

The general rule question then I guess would be if Actions on Hero cards always require exhaustion or if it only requires it if the card specifies that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schock
United States
White Hall
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, unless it says to exhaust, you don't have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mongol wrote:
No, unless it says to exhaust, you don't have to.

This is correct. Also, unless an Action effect says otherwise, you can do it as many times as you like, so long as you can afford it. In this case, you can get as many treasures as you have resources on Bilbo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The card text will instruct you to exhaust the hero (Eleanor Response: Exhaust Eleanor to cancel the "when revealed" effects of a treachery card just revealed by the encounter deck. Then, discard that card, and replace it with the new card from the encounter deck)...or the hero must BE ready for it to work (Dain for example) Also, some cards say 'Once per round', like Beravor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.