8 Posts

Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: A suggestion to the 1st edition fans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
Don't be dicks to people that like the new direction the game is going in. In the end, Dust Tactics is just a game. It's not a political party or religion or an ideology of any kind - it's a pastime that's meant to be fun and enjoyable. If you don't like 2nd edition, great! You're entitled to your opinion. But don't use that as a reason to rage at anyone that disagrees with you* - that's just plain rude. Presumably, we're all reasonable, rational adults, so why can't we act that way? Petty, vindictive factionalism gets no one anywhere and is simply toxic and just causes everyone misery.

*same goes for 2nd editions fans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
You probably could have just sent Kris a PM directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
You probably could have just sent Kris a PM directly.

LMAO! A lot of the jabs have been (at least in my opinion) in humor at each other. However, I completely respect what the TO is saying because there are a lot of new players that might get scared off if they perceive camps that are going after each other. I enjoyed playing DT V1. The game was great and the way it was setup made introducing the game to new people easy. There's nothing wrong with sticking to it and I have high hopes those staying with V1 are happy.

I'm going to roll with V2 (mainly because Kris chose V1 devil ). If it turns out to be a stinker, I can always go back despite the saying. To me the differences aren't too extreme and I'm pretty sure I could jump back and forth between the versions if there was a need or I got caught between two groups that preferred one version over the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
If it turns out to be a stinker, I can always go back despite the saying.

NO YOU CANT ! after you left we instituted a secret hand shake and every one PINKYSWORE not to show it to YOU ! cant play first ed if you dont know the hand shake , SO THERE !

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
*takes out protest cardboard sign*

"Down with V2! Down with V2!"

More seriously,
There IS two camps... no need to hide it. New players scared by that? Doubt it's meaningful. In fact, the forums being more alive BECAUSE of the two camps bickering might actually attract people to the game. What little new players there are at the moment anyway...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly! If you like V1 and don't want to change, more power to you.
BUT from here on out that version of the game will not be supported.
I have Loved Dust Tactics from the first time I played it. Miniatures Games grow and change. I have a lot of players in my little North Carolina store. They all are Loving the V2 rules because the games are more dynamic and fun! They took a Great Game and made it better! The new rules and cards actually push you into taking a balanced force. Play what you want, but don't be a douche about it. I don't like Warfare at all, but I don't rant and rave about it. Play and let Play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandInquisitorKris wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:

NO YOU CANT ! after you left we instituted a secret hand shake and every one PINKYSWORE not to show it to YOU ! cant play first ed if you dont know the hand shake , SO THERE !

Well eventually the Axis will have a spy drone plane for V2 and I'll video the handshake from up high. Then you V1 players will be really hosed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDarkKnight wrote:
GrandInquisitorKris wrote:
TheDarkKnight wrote:

Well eventually the Axis will have a spy drone plane for V2 and I'll video the handshake from up high. Then you V1 players will be really hosed!

lets see your drone get past "KARL"
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/4815/panzer-kampflaufe...

sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.