Johnny Steffen
msg tools
Okay! One big long winded question. Say I attack with both Spider-Man and Wolverine, and keep back a fist and a mask. I use a fist to force everyone to block Spider-Man. Then, after blocking is finished, I use the Distraction global to remove Spider-Man from the field. Would Wolverine get the +4/+4 in this case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD Cash
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so, but I am usually wrong about these things. When he is declared as an attacker, he is not alone and therefore does not receive the benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Martin
United States
California
flag msg tools
From the rules:
Quote:
*Declare Attackers
Any or all of your fielded characters can attack. Move these characters into the attack zone. It costs no energy to move a character into the attack zone. You can send all, some, or none of your characters to attack. If you do not attack, your turn immediately ends(neither player can use global abilities in this case).
After you declare all attackers, apply any effects that happen due to characters attacking.

The game checks to see if Wolverine is attacking alone at the end of the attack step, before you get a chance to use distraction on Spidey.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Steffen
msg tools
Sounds good to me. Thought I stumbled onto something cool. Looking for any excuse to use Spidey.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristiano Cozzolino
Italy
Roma
RM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheProtagonist wrote:
Sounds good to me. Thought I stumbled onto something cool. Looking for any excuse to use Spidey.

Thanks!

Doesn't seems to me that Spidey is a bad character to chose. It's a good teammate for huge hitters. He gets all the blockers and the hitter goes through. Then he gets probably KOed and rerolled next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you even use that Global after blockers have been assigned? Meaning the blockers will block air?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
Can you even use that Global after blockers have been assigned? Meaning the blockers will block air?

I was just debating this yesterday. Yes, from the look of the RAW, it can be done. Remember, the Attack Phase moves as follows:

1. Assign Attackers
2. Assign Blockers
3. Actions/Global Abilities
4. Assign Damage

Thus, you assign Spider-Man with a hideously large attack force in the Attack Step, pay Fist to have every opposing character block him during the Block Step, then in the Action/Global step remove Spider-Man before he gets KOed (damage was not assigned yet) and watch all those blockers play grab-ass whilst your real threat hits home.

Thematic, too - it's easy to imagine Spidey totally screwing with an angry mob of villains like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galathonredd wrote:

Thematic, too - it's easy to imagine Spidey totally screwing with an angry mob of villains like that.

True that however the power comes from the action so it works with anyone (except the pulling), harder to see some other characters do the same

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.