Subject: Kazons anyone? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just curious whether anyone has seen or played a group of Kazon ships yet for fun or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not here. There is absolutely no way for them to be playable without repeated major goofs by your opponent and lucky dice rolls, especially if you are going faction-pure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibor Corbett
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
The named Nistrim Raider ship can be usefull against scan builds (Excelsior, or the latest fashion Janeway-Miniprise), but I see reduced utility beyond that.

It has a purpose... but that role is very niche in the current meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One of the few things I could come up with to make a group of Kazon ships even remotely playable is this:

List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

Nistrim Raider (20)
Rettik (1)
Ship SP: 21

Kazon Raider (18)
Clark Terrell (2)
Photonic Charges (3)
Ship SP: 23

Kazon Raider (18)
Sar (2)
Photonic Charges (3)

Kazon Raider (18)
Maxwell Burke (2)
Photonic Charges (3)

Total Build SP: 100

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

It really is disappointing that this faction didn't receive the same care as the Bajoran Interceptor. I've always enjoyed playing off-center factions in games like this- like the Vidiians, Kazon or Hirogen in the CCG, but those at least had some meat to them in that game and were quite fun. Sad face

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
It really is disappointing that this faction didn't receive the same care as the Bajoran Interceptor. I've always enjoyed playing off-center factions in games like this- like the Vidiians, Kazon or Hirogen in the CCG, but those at least had some meat to them in that game and were quite fun. Sad face

The Kazons need their carrier to both add more cards and a beefier ship to the mix. I wouldn't give on them just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any faction that counts as a faction and not independent should have more than 1 ship in the release schedule.

I would consider picking up the Kazon Raider if they atleast mentioned that the Carrier or fighters were going to show up.

Species 8472 is the exception as I did pick up two of those but they're both on a power level of their own compared to the lone Raider.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure more Kazon are on the way. There are just so many ships (and many that just seem more exciting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope the 2nd borg brick set has Kazons.

Kazons would also make sense for a 3rd fighter set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Kazon. I plan on getting at least 4 of them. Itnis a fun little swarm ship. I haven't seen an OP that I would take them in yet, but we play a lot of casual games. The scenario they come with is cool. 80 points of Kazon vs 80 points of federation (1 stacked up voyager) can be fun. However I would like to see their big ship come out and another named raider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know a chap who played 4 Raiders against 2 Spheres in a casual. They nearly finished off a Sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
I like the Kazon. I plan on getting at least 4 of them. Itnis a fun little swarm ship. I haven't seen an OP that I would take them in yet, but we play a lot of casual games. The scenario they come with is cool. 80 points of Kazon vs 80 points of federation (1 stacked up voyager) can be fun. However I would like to see their big ship come out and another named raider.

I feel the same, I'd like to play a 4 ship fleet with them flying in formation. I do like the model for the ship, so I'd like to eventually get 4 of them as well. I'd also really like to see the larger carrier ships too. So far, it's unfortunate- I think the Kazon were an unfortunately ill-thought out enemy in Voyager, with some work they could have been really threatening and interesting, and it's unfortunate they're not yet where they could be here yet. But yes, I'm still holding out hope too

aaron2310 wrote:
I know a chap who played 4 Raiders against 2 Spheres in a casual. They nearly finished off a Sphere.

I thought the Kazon were unworthy of assimiliation . Actually it would have been nice if the Kazon were immune to Assimilation Tubules...not that they have much worth stealing in the game, but thematically it would jive with the show...in fact the Star Trek CCG had this very exception for the Kazon- they could not be assimilated. It was a nice little touch.

MaximumDT wrote:
Any faction that counts as a faction and not independent should have more than 1 ship in the release schedule.

One would certainly hope so! I mean, I know logically this has to be the case, but sometimes we're all a little impatient for a game and thematic setting that we adore so much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hawke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... or at least at rule

Any faction that has only 1 released ship may count itself as Independent Faction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
38 points of mighty :

Vanilla Kazon Raider
Romulan Commander
Masking Circuitry
Energy Dampener

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.