Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quest rewards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rebecca
United States
California
flag msg tools
When treasures are given out as a quest reward, the cards and book say something like +2? Does this mean that each player gets to draw two treasures from the bag, or the party as a whole gets to draw two treasures from the bag?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I havent seen an official answer,

But i am pretty sure it is as a group, you draw that many treasures. Its not like the other rewards are per player.

The only per player rewards are the gold hoard and treasure hoard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolfe Bergstrom
msg tools
mbmbmb
Once per group.

There are quests that say to remove 4 white tokens, and others that say add 1 blue to the bag. If you did that once per Hero instead of once per group, a single card could remove 20 white tokens or add all 5 of the blue at once. That interpretation would render the whole treasure bag system irrelevant after basically your second successful quest.

Even on the hoards, each Hero rolls once and the symbol they rolled is given out just once. So 5 Heroes get the results of 5 die rolls, _not_ five times the rewards of a single die roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebecca
United States
California
flag msg tools
I never thought of the possibility that modifications to the treasure bag would be made once per hero, or that each hero would get five treasures from a horde. They do get one each, however. I was wondering whether a quest reward was similar in that each might get one or whatever the reward was, not that each would get five times the amount of the reward.

I do think you're both right though, and the treasure is given to the group, who then must decide who it goes to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.