Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Smitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Roll 'Em!
badge
This Avatar has been made using recycled material.
mbmbmbmbmb
Assume I fully Accomplish mission 1.. If I understand correctly, I then move on to EITHER mission 2, or mission 3..
Let's say I go to mission 3. Now, after fully accomplishing mission 3, I am directed to skip mission 4, and go to mission 5.

I have at this point successfully accomplished 2 missions, and skipped 2 missions.

Under mission 5's special rules, it states that during the reinforcement phase, "the alpha agent may place a number of landmines equal to the number of missions successfully accomplished until now [up to three]."

So how many do I get to place? Do I get 2, as that is the literal number of accomplished missions? Or do I get to place 3, assuming the skipped missions, for the sake of rewards, count as accomplishments?

It seems strange to me to take it literally, and not be rewarded when you can intentionally fail a mission to have the opportunity to get more land mines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that does kind of suck if it's literal. We haven't played mission 5 yet so I'd love to know the answer too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure it's literal; so in this instance, you would place two land mines.

Honestly, though, one land mine more or less is not going to win or lose you the game since they typically just hit a single alien.

The main reason you might want to play through Mission 2 instead of 3 is to get more levels for your party before you hit Mission 5; the extra land mine is just a bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have to be literal, otherwise, they would just always say "Up to 3" and they would never have mentioned how many missions you accomplished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Smitty
United States
California
flag msg tools
Roll 'Em!
badge
This Avatar has been made using recycled material.
mbmbmbmbmb
So moral of the story, kids..
Never fully accomplish Mission 1 if you want all of your deserved bonuses.
Thanks for the feedback guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkSeraphim85 wrote:

haha, yeah, that's what I got out of this too.

But I have to say it's such an odd thing to tie to how many missions you've accomplished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkSeraphim85 wrote:

Or simply choose to play Mission 2; if you fully accomplish Mission 1, you get to choose between Mission 2 and 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.