Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking Dead Board Game, Unofficial fan-made expansion (english version)

NOTA : This is an updated and modified version of the Jubileet expansion topic. Please keep in mind that lots of ideas were brought by Jubileet and Joekeck as well. Lots of discussions were made between us on this topic and some upgrades came up, but Jubileet probably didnt have the time to update his cards.
I created the cards according to our updates and provide new ones (in french though), but I figured that most people should be able to use it so I took some time to create every cards in English for those who are interested !
I'm not going through all the history of discussions because it will be too long (and mostly boring), moreover everything is available in the initial thread (for the bravest !).

Original thread can be found here :
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1107324/new-characters-follo...

New and modified Starting Characters

Modified starting characters : Andrea, Dale, Rick, Shane, Tyreese
New starting characters : Abraham, Carl (remove from followers), Ezekiel, Governor, Lori (remove from followers), Maggie (remove from followers), Michonne, Negan, Lee (Telltale game)

Starter Pawns :

Recommendations : To print preferably on thick paper (220g or 300g/m²). Cut every "character double pictures" vertically, fold it in its center and glue it. Cutting margins must be left on bottom and top of pictures in order to be able to fold them at the end so that the pawn stays up !

Start location recommendations
Abraham : starts on the "Many !" space, between Rick and Shane.
Governor : starts on "Dont even try to go here" space.
Michonne: starts on the last starter space available before public location are revealed. If more than one is available, you may choose.
Lori: see her abilities.
Maggie: starts on the "Interstate South 75" space, between Tyreese and Dale.
Carl: starts on the adjacent space of Atlanta which is 2 spaces away from both Shane and Andrea (left adjacent space from red arrow).
Ezekiel: starts on the "dont even try here" space
Negan: starts on the "No !" space, between Tyreese and Rick.
Lee : starts on the down-left space adjacent to the arrow from south of Atlanta (just in the middle of Negan and Tyreese).

New Followers

New followers : Aaron, Alice, Axel, Denise, Douglas, Dr Stevens, Eric, Eugene, Gabriel, Heath, Holly, Jesus, Judith, Nicholas, Olivia, Rosita, Shiva, Spencer, Thomas, Clementine (Telltale game)

Optionnal followers (for those who want more...) :

To be added...

New Zombie Followers
Zombie followers take 3 fatigue and do not count as survivors

New zombie followers : Mike, Penny, Terry

Follower pawns :

Recommendations : To print on standard paper and glue on carton (shoe box or anything) to make the pawns more rigid and easy to manipulate.

New Encounters

Inventory :

Standard :

I provided 2 herd cards, you may choose your favourite one based on the game experience you had (second card is harder but success is better)

Recommendations :
Print Size: Character Size - 3.4x2.3, Follower - 2.3X3.4, Encounters - 2.3x3.4, Inventory - 3.4x2.3
Its best to print cards on 220g/m² or 300g/m² paper (220g/m² should be available on most stores or in mall)...

My advice is to fit the cards in card sleeves ( http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Pro-White-Protectors-Sleeves/dp/... ) in order to provide both protection and good mixing among existing cards (home printing may give you cards with different surface finish comparing to existing ones).

You may also give the pictures to a printcenter or copyshop to print (but it will probably be more expensive).

IMPORTANT/DISCLAIMER: This expansion is unofficial and fan-made. I am in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers. No copyright infringement is intended. All content belongs to their owners.

I hope you guys will like it !

HISTORY OF UPDATES :

EDIT 07/03/14 : Carl, Douglas and Gabriel update + Encounter cards added.

EDIT 10/03/14 : Heath modified (2 green + Pick all resources within 2 spaces) + Encounter cards added (Lucille is thirsty -modified-, Up here, Katana *new*, Overruned modified -no inventory-, These people are cannibals *new*)

EDIT 16/03/14 : Andrea modified (1 green, 1 blue, 1 black + Ignore blam when get a cap and add 1 if you roll additional black with ammo), Carl modified (1 green, 1 blue, 1 red + You may reroll 1 black die, still get additional fatigue with Sophia), Gabriel+Jessie+Ron update (add each 1 green die, remove blue reroll ability for Gabriel), Holly ability update (once per turn, reroll a red die when fighting zombies)

EDIT 23/03/14 : Andrea modified (remove the add 1 zombie for additionnal black die roll), Governor (blue red red + once per turn roll a blue die, if you get wild, choose a player, you may see and steal his unscouted private location or steal one of his inventory card of your choice), Michonne (You can now choose to start with mike or terry instead of picking a random follower. You can also steal katana if youre within 3 spaces of another player who has it), Negan (blue blue red + When youre within 4 spaces of a player, you may steal his resources. 1 fatigue for 1 resource. After stealing, roll a red die, if you get a cap, remove all fatigue due to stealing), Heath (blue green), Pete (If Jessie or Ron are in your party, put the fatigue of "bad roll healing" to one of them instead of Pete), *new* Thomas (red + Once per turn, roll a red die, if you get a hat, choose a player. He has to discard one of his follower)

EDIT 06/04/14 : Abraham starter added, Maggie update (new pool, new abilities), Lori update (re-roll 1 blue die added), Tyreese update (reroll 1 green die added), Denise update (ability added : remove 3 fatigue when she joins your group), Eugene update (Eugene vs Abraham modif), Thomas update (ability update, can now only remove female follower), Penny update (ability update, can prevent gov to steal your resources and your upl)
Encounters Update : Gotta Pay up added, Horde modif added (depending on each one game experience, the 2nd horde version could suit better to you...)
Starters pawns added, Followers pawns added

EDIT 11/04/14 : Pawns images added, Starter locations updated, Alice updated (remove red die and modify ability : once per turn, you can use 1 food to remove all fatigue from a survivor), Axel updated (change ability : when Axel joins your group, gain 2 food. When youre on the Prison location, you may add 1 zombie kill during zombie fights), Dr Stevens added

EDIT 19/04/14 : Governor ability update (If Penny is in your group, add 1 blue die to your pool), Lucille encounter modified (You must now give half of your resources to another survivor to succeed -if Negan plays, he gets it, if youre Negan you succeed without giving any resources-, success : Add 1 blue die to your pool and you may discard this card to roll another additionnal blue die, fail : Do not get any resources and each of your survivor take a fatigue), Katana challenge slightly updated (If youre Michonne, you automatically succeed)

EDIT 05/05/14 : Nicholas added, Pawns updated

EDIT 18/05/14 : Mike and Terry ability update (They can ignore zombie token fight if you have no other followers + They can ignore any zombie fight if you roll a [Zombie] with a green die before the fight)

EDIT 19/05/14 : New inventory encounter added "It's the smell"

EDIT 01/06/14 : Andrea modified ("blue green black" becomes "green green black"), New inventory encoutner added "Crossbow"

EDIT 19/04/15 : Ezekiel update ("blue blue blue" becomes "blue blue green"), Lee (starter) and Clementine (follower) from Telltale game added

EDIT 20/04/15 : Tank encounter added, Lee start space added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Expansion] Unofficial fan-made expansion (english and french)
Walking Dead, le jeu de plateau :
Extension non officielle (version Francaise)

Personnages de départ nouveaux et modifiés

Personnages de départ modifiés : Andrea, Dale, Rick, Shane, Tyreese
Nouveaux personnages de départ : Abraham, Carl (à enlever des compagnons), Ezechiel, Le Gouverneur, Lori (a enlever des compagnons), Maggie (a enlever des compagnons), Michonne, Negan, Lee (jeu video Telltale)

Pions de départ :

Recommendations : A imprimer sur du papier épais (220g ou 300g/m²). Decouper en une fois le double pion de chaque personnage dans le sens de la hauteur, le replier en son centre et coller l'un contre l'autre. Une marge doit être laissée en bas et en haut pour pouvoir replier chaque coté et permettre au pion de tenir debout.

Emplacements de départ recommandés
Abraham : commence sur la case "Beaucoup trop de zombies" ou plutot "coup de bies" (à 2 cases de Rick)
Le Gouverneur : commence sur la case "Ne vous essayez pas ici !"
Michonne: commence sur la derniere case de départ disponible. Si il y en a plusieurs disponibles, vous pouvez choisir.
Lori: Voir ses capacités.
Maggie: commence sur la case "Interstate South 75" entre Tyreese et Dale
Carl: commence sur la case adjacente à Atlanta qui est a 2 cases de Shane et Andrea (juste a gauche de la fleche rouge)Andrea (left adjacent space from red arrow).
Ezekiel: commence sur la case "On ne peut pas traverser".
Negan: commence sur la case "NON!", entre Tyreese et Rick.
Lee: commence sur la case adjacente en bas à gauche de la fleche au sud d'Atlanta (pile entre Negan et Tyreese).

Nouveaux Compagnons

Nouveaux compagnons : Aaron, Alice, Axel, Denise, Douglas, Dr Stevens, Eric, Eugene, Gabriel, Heath, Holly, Jesus, Judith, Nicholas, Olivia, Rosita, Shiva, Spencer, Thomas, Clementine (jeu video Telltale)

Compagnons optionnels :

Nouveaux Compagnons Zombie
Les Compagnons Zombie prennent 3 Fatigues comme les compagnons standard.

Nouveaux compagnons zombie : Mike, Penny, Terry

Pions Compagnons :

Recommendations : A imprimer sur du papier standard et coller sur du carton (boite a chaussure ou autres) pour les rendre plus rigides et facile à attraper.

Nouvelles Rencontres

Equipement :

Standard :

Pour la "Horde", j'ai créé 2 possibilités (une plus difficile que l'autre), vous pouvez choisir celle qui vous convient le mieux en fonction de l'expérience que vous avez eu lors de vos parties...

Vous pouvez récupérer toutes les images ci dessus et les imprimer en 8.7cm x 5.7cm

Recommendations :
Toutes les cartes sont à imprimer de préférence sur du papier épais (220g/m² ou 300g/m², le 220g/m² se trouve en grandes surfaces) en recto verso (il y a pour chaque type de cartes, une page contenant les dos des cartes).

Pour les plus pointilleux, mon conseil après avoir découpé les cartes, est de les ranger une a une dans des étuis individuels (protections en plastique transparent, aussi appelé card sleeves). Vous en trouverez dans nimporte quel magasin vendant des jeux de sociétés/plateau près de chez vous, pour un prix très modeste. Ces étuis vous permettront à la fois de protéger les cartes mais également leur permettre de mieux se fondre parmi les autres cartes (la couleur des dos et la finition brillante des cartes originales risque d'etre différente des cartes imprimées par vos soins).
Il est également possible d'aller voir un imprimeur pro mais ca ne sera pas le meme budget !
Si jamais vous avez des problemes d'alignement recto-verso apres l'impression, nhesitez pas a m'en faire part (j'ai du modifier le fichier plusieurs fois afin davoir une impression ideale).

Il est bon de rappeler que beaucoup des idées ont été apportées par Jubileet et Joekeck, j'ai seulement aidé a corriger cetains dés et capacités et créer quelques nouvelles cartes (Douglas, Thomas, Nicholas, Dr Stevens, Nouvelles rencontres...)

IMPORTANT/DISCLAIMER: Cette expansion est non officielle et réalisée par des fans. Je ne suis en aucun cas associé avec les propriétaires, les créateurs ou les producteurs. Aucune violation aux droits d'auteurs n'est souhaitée. Tout le contenu appartient aux créateurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WORELOF PENDRAGON
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
looks like I got a lot of printing to do lol.Thanks very much for the new cards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
w0relof wrote:
looks like I got a lot of printing to do lol.Thanks very much for the new cards!

You're welcome! Good luck for the whole cutting thing

Ive just added a *NEW* inventory card : "It's the smell"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some updates !

Andrea : New dice pool "green green black"

*NEW* Crossbow inventory card

Notes :
After several games with Andrea, we noticed that she has never died in any games. So she might be too powerful...Indeed, with "blue green black" pool, she kills in average 2,83 zombies (2 with black, 4/6 with blue, 1/6 with green), which is actually pretty high. I first thought it was fair, but as she never got killed, I decided to change her dice pool to "green green black" which gives an average 2,33 zombie kills and looks more balanced. Now we have to test it to confirm

We also talked about adding crossbow as inventory in another topic, so I mixed several ideas and made the card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson Souza
msg tools
La_Gofr wrote:
Some updates !

Andrea : New dice pool "green green black"

*NEW* Crossbow inventory card

Notes :
After several games with Andrea, we noticed that she has never died in any games. So she might be too powerful...Indeed, with "blue green black" pool, she kills in average 2,83 zombies (2 with black, 4/6 with blue, 1/6 with green), which is actually pretty high. I first thought it was fair, but as she never got killed, I decided to change her dice pool to "green green black" which gives an average 2,33 zombie kills and looks more balanced. Now we have to test it to confirm

We also talked about adding crossbow as inventory in another topic, so I mixed several ideas and made the card

Hehe, so you put my Daryl abilities in Andrea to fit a game without Tv Show characters. So, i've tested this ability in my plays, and Its very balanced, yu can trust me ^.^ (just is a pity that Merle cannot be enjoyed this way, he's kinda funny!)

Joffrey, you can tell me which of these cards have only new pictures without new features in abilities? (I don't wanna print new cards unnecessarily)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Msseas wrote:
Hehe, so you put my Daryl abilities in Andrea to fit a game without Tv Show characters. So, i've tested this ability in my plays, and Its very balanced, yu can trust me ^.^ (just is a pity that Merle cannot be enjoyed this way, he's kinda funny!)

Joffrey, you can tell me which of these cards have only new pictures without new features in abilities? (I don't wanna print new cards unnecessarily)

Hey, no intention to be rude but for your information, Andrea's ability was there a long time ago, way before you post the Daryl card. The dice pool, however, was not the same (blue green black first), until I realize it was really too powerful

About the cards, every cards in here are either modified (ability, dice pool...) or completely new, so you can print all of them, you wont have any double

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nenad Mitrovic
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all, some questions.

Challenge: Abandoned, as i understand success is that you draw a public location but is there a possibility that you cant draw public location? it looks like you will always succsed this encauntee, right?

Zombie followers: What mean "you may use Mike", you mus discard it or?

New starting characters: There is new starting characters that previously was followers, Carl for example. If there is a Carl as starting character, did we need to eject Carl follower from the followers deck?

Are there some new rules that make game more thrilled, and more options to make more difficulty to other player for win?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there !

Quote:
Hi all, some questions.

Challenge: Abandoned, as i understand success is that you draw a public location but is there a possibility that you cant draw public location? it looks like you will always succsed this encauntee, right?

"draw a public location that is not on the board" means the public location you draw has to be different from the 3 public location cards that are on the board

Quote:
Zombie followers: What mean "you may use Mike", you mus discard it or?

"You may use Mike" means that you can use his ability (to avoid zombie fights), but you're not force to. You can fight zombies if you like by having Mike in your team
And you don't have to discard him to use his ability (we would have wrote "You may discard Mike to..." otherwise)

Quote:
New starting characters: There is new starting characters that previously was followers, Carl for example. If there is a Carl as starting character, did we need to eject Carl follower from the followers deck?

Correct. On the top of the topic, in the character list, I wrote to remove him from the follower list. On my side, I removed him (and every old followers that are currently starters) permanently, as they are not followers anymore but starters

Quote:
Are there some new rules that make game more thrilled, and more options to make more difficulty to other player for win?

You can have a look in the "Variants" forum of the game, you'll find lots of interesting stuffs there !

Greets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nenad Mitrovic
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Joffrey

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
Its been a long time since no update has been made on this and based on some game feedback, we choose to modify a starter.

Ezekiel :
We decided to change his dice pool from "blue blue blue" to "blue blue green" because added to Shiva, he was really too strong, let alone his red reroll ability.

New characters :
Based on the AKParadox topic, we decided to create Lee (as a starter) and Clementine (as a follower). For now only these 2 because we already got a bunch of followers and starters but you can have a look at this topic to find more Telltale followers ( http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1351343/telltale-games-walki... ).

Lee :
Dice pool chosen is "blue blue blue". We considered him as a strong leader (after all he's the hero of the WD Telltale Game S1), so same dice pool than Rick.
His ability would be "once per turn, you may reroll any die". Considering Lee as very smart, we thought he could have influence on other people so he could "provide other solutions" i.e. reroll an unsatisfying die.
I also also add Lee an additionnal fatigue when Clementine is in his party.

Clementine :
I basically inspire from AKParadox card on this one.
This gives 1 "blue" dice pool. But I wanted to change her ability on the resource finding, I cant remember in the game that Clem is very resourceful but I was rather thinking that a lot of people are willing to protect her and fight for her (like she was part of their family), that's why I thought about replacing the 2 resources finding by "When Clementine is in your party, your starting character can take an additionnal fatigue".
Also a fatigue thing with Lee : "If Lee is in your party, you may not choose to put fatigue on Clementine".

I'm still wondering if I add the possibility to Lee in his ability to start with Clementine (if you like), instead of a random follower. This would allow Lee 5 fatigue, but zero for Clementine, and with the reroll ability of Lee combined to 4 blue dice, that could be nice

I'm waiting for some feedbacks of you guys on this, the more thoughts I can get on these the better.

Thanks !

Cards are ready to be shot as soon as abilities / dice pool are frozen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here we are !

Cards are done for Lee, updated Ezekiel and Clementine :

First 2 posts are updated as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dalton Antila
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
For players who play as Lee, where exactly is Lee's starting space? That wasn't specified.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Meyzieu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right I forgot it !

As Lee starts the game leaving Atlanta towards the Prison, he should start the game on the down-left space adjacent to the arrow from south of Atlanta (just in the middle of Negan and Tyreese).

I also forgot an inventory card that was done a while ago :
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Been MIA awhile, but damn you make me want to play the game again Joff! Awesome additions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.