Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My father is turning 70 in June. Despite being born and bred in Missouri (and living there now too), he is a huge fan of Alaska, and of sled dog racing in particular.

He's not game geek (yet), but as one of several presents I am considering getting him a sled dog racing game to play with the family (himself, his wife, my wife and our two kids).

The obvious choices are Snow Tails or Mush! Mush!: Snow Tails 2.

I'm curious to hear from people who have experience with both games, as to the pros and cons for my situation.

For Snow Tails 2, the obvious pros I see are that it supports 6 people (so the whole family can play) and that it is slightly simpler (better for non-gamers).

On the other hand, I like the modular track of the original Snow Tails.

Any advice as to which to get, if either?

And if there are other great sled dog games and/or Alaska games I am missing, let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael F
United States
Albany
OR
flag msg tools
My job is not the day shift or the night shift, it's the always shift!
badge
I will chop your head off!
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember the folks on the Dice Tower mentioning that the two games were almost the same game, to the point where if you had Snow Tails already, you didn't need to get Snow Tails 2. I haven't played them though, so take this for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played both and I think Mush Mush is much better. It looks better, plays faster and with more, races are closer and it's just more atmospheric and more fun. Ah, and the new buildings add some nice extra strategy.
It might be hard to get, though. Both are out of print, but Snow Tails has had a much larger production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that this was the most obscure request for a recommendation that I've ever seen on this board, but

A.) A Game with this theme surprisingly exists, apparently

and

B.) Someone recently wanted a game that involved cured ham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.