Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Promoting a game in which you have a vested financial interest in a forum like this is prohibited (to the best of my knowledge) by the community rules. Crowdfunding and Kickstarter are mentioned specifically.

You should be posting this as a press release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryanmobile wrote:
Promoting a game in which you have a vested financial interest in a forum like this is prohibited (to the best of my knowledge) by the community rules. Crowdfunding and Kickstarter are mentioned specifically.

The internet is the new Wild West. Nobody follows rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United Kingdom
Keighley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its such a pity, I could totally see an abstract Risk clone on a map of New York going down a storm on this forum...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:
Its such a pity, I could totally see an abstract Risk clone on a map of New York going down a storm on this forum...

Blood Feud in New York is a 10-year old game. That the company running this KS didn't research enough to know that such a game already exists doesn't inspire much confidence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alyssa Gundred
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Sorry, I should have read the rules before posting this. I am new to this forum. I will remove this post as soon as I learn how to. I apologize for any offense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim RTC wrote:

I saw this coming a mile away. While it would have been entertaining, I'm sure something else will come along in a few days to replace it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
Don't you just love it when people step in to criticize and not to help.

You mean, like...

Ryanmobile wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
bentlarsen wrote:

You mean, like...

Ryanmobile wrote:

Yes. Did he tell him how to do it, smart ass? And your contribution to the discussion is what?

He could have sent him an e-mail without posting in public, explained how to delete his thread, and where to post his news. By adding to the original post, it makes it more difficult to delete. That any of this would need to be explained to you beggars belief.

This is not to say that what was done was intended to have a hurtful or snotty tone. If we want that, with a good dose of the high and the mighty, we'll come knocking at your door where you can dish it out in buckets.

And gosh, by golly, we see that the OP's original post is gone. I wonder who explained to him how to do that? Not you.

goo

At least I don't have to resort to name calling. Nor do I assume the motivations of anyone.

I did what has been asked to be done countless times in other threads. Did you? It's not my job to teach anyone the internet, BGG or due diligence, so your incredulity is what truly "beggars belief."

So far, you've been the most condescending individual in this thread. Then you have the gall to threaten me?

Please, get over yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
J.L.Robert wrote:
bentlarsen wrote:

You mean, like...

Ryanmobile wrote:

Yes. Did he tell him how to do it, smart ass? And your contribution to the discussion is what?

He could have sent him an e-mail without posting in public, explained how to delete his thread, and where to post his news. By adding to the original post, it makes it more difficult to delete. That any of this would need to be explained to you beggars belief.

This is not to say that what was done was intended to have a hurtful or snotty tone. If we want that, with a good dose of the high and the mighty, we'll come knocking at your door where you can dish it out in buckets.

And gosh, by golly, we see that the OP's original post is gone. I wonder who explained to him how to do that? Not you.

goo

I replied to the OP on my way out the door to church with the family waiting. I wanted to let her know where to look to find the rules I was citing before the thread turned into a firestorm of acidity due to the manner of her posting. Had I the time, I might have even provided a direct link to the Press Releases Forum, or maybe have had the time to think of sending her a GM instead. Being savy enough to find the wargamer forum, register, and post a thread, I figured she would have the intelligence to find the press releases forum without a direct link.

I was helpful, given I had little time as a volunteer and not employed by you or anyone else to make more helpful replies. She politely responded and removed her advertisement. All good until the sarcastic condemnation of my obvious criticism and lack of help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: The prattle of the chattel for battle in New York
'moi' "heartguffawltytower'd" this entire "Dis"-'missive' session!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh... Nastydermy

GROGnads wrote:
'moi' "heartguffawltytower'd" this entire "Dis"-'missive' session!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
You must have missed the part where I said this:

"This is not to say that what was done was intended to have a hurtful or snotty tone."

This refers to when you pointed out the OP's error.

Didn't miss it. But you only gave me that credit (and I thank you for that and should have acknowledged it earlier) after someone else called you out for writing your first reply:

bentlarsen wrote:

I assume that was directed to me. Maybe I'm wrong?

bentlarsen wrote:
And one does not have to read between the lines to see who was supposed to hear "the sarcastic condemnation of" your "obvious criticism and lack of help."

No subtlety intended there on my part. I intended to be direct and garner a response.

bentlarsen wrote:
You can credit the OP with "intelligence" but not moi? Dear me.

I don't recall crediting either of you with intelligence. Neither do I recall besmirching your intelligence.

bentlarsen wrote:
And all this on your way to Sunday service. Perhaps the sermon was from Luke 10, and the parable of you know who, and you were thinking the whole time, "that's me!" One can only hope.

You stated that I came to criticize and not help. I took issue with that and stated that I didn't criticize her. I helped point her in the right direction. You gave her additional help that I didn't have the time to give. Perhaps we can split the honor and the Almighty will allow us to be co-Samaritans in a parable someday.

bentlarsen wrote:
shall we stop beating this dead horse, or did you go to Sunday evening service, as many churches have them?

Not mine. I don't claim to be without reproach or sin. Which is one reason I go.

And by all means we can stop anytime. And if we do know that please know:

1) I have enjoyed our tit for tat; truly. It's been a long while since I've had one here!
2) Thanks for bringing up Luke. It's been awhile since I've read him so you gave me some inspiration to reread him.

Peace,

Ryan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Follow me for wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
bentlarsen wrote:
Quote:
At least I don't have to resort to name calling. Nor do I assume the motivations of anyone.

I did what has been asked to be done countless times in other threads. Did you? It's not my job to teach anyone the internet, BGG or due diligence, so your incredulity is what truly "beggars belief."

So far, you've been the most condescending individual in this thread. Then you have the gall to threaten me?

Please, get over yourself.

Of course, you are innocent, as white as snow, beyond reproach. I think not. You are a typical bore who pretends to help while pontificating that it is not your job to teach others how to act. Makes sense, since you do not know how to act with a sense of compassion or kindness or something that leaves out the "I'm smarter than you, but I won't help you 'cause it's not my job" tone of voice. And how dare someone to speak to you in the same way you speak to others. The nerve of such people.

What you cannot get over is when someone outs for what you really are. No, you would never resort to name calling; that is beneath you. You just lay the insults between the lines to pretend to be something that you are not. And then you go, "what did I do? I didn't do nothin'!"

gulp

goo

You know nothing about me.

Your assumptions tell others what they need to know about you. You're so eager to find faults in others you are willing to fabricate things that aren't there and invent intentions that only you perceive from others' postings.

Lighten up. You'll live longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Op deleted original post. Sent to spam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.