Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the snow in this scenario work? Here's how you said it works for the Jungfrau and Mount Washington scenarios:

Quote:
Snow always goes on the EXCAVATION SITES and TRACK CARDS only (everything else represents buildings) ie. spaces/cards with a shovel on.

In Jungfrau, snow goes on game-emptied or partially-empty excavation spots and track cards (counting back) and but NOT completed (flipped) track cards OR player marker-ed spaces.

In Mount Washington, it's the same but you DO put snow on completed track cards (as they're all out in the open and interfere with you getting up the mountain to build/do other stuff!)

Does it work just like the Jungfrau scenario? That how we just played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You wrote the rules, obviously they sound clear to you.

Quote:
Skip over any full track cards...

Does "full track cards" mean full of rubble, or after the track has been built?

Also, I guess I printed an older version of this, because my printout says "they do not count for the work rate", but that image says they still do. I'll make a note of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
'Full track cards' mean those with ALL of their rubble on OR those that have been laid with track (either by a player or by the game).

These rules were translated in to German (and tweaked then), so I have to try and remember what I clarified after this natty Snowdon picture was put together!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though it is not explcitly stated as such, is it correct to state that the number of empty or partially excavated spaces/track cards to be filled with 2 rubble (or 1 if the limit for that space/track card is met) is equal to the excavation work rate? One would assume so, since we are instructed to look at the excavation work rate for the round.

Looking forward to playing this scenario soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
You LOOK at that many as a maximum in the 'count back'; skipping occupied ones (or completed track) still counts toward that total.

eg. work rate = 3; highest space is a fully excavated track card that has yet to be flipped with a flipped track card behind it then a station that was completely excavated by the game:
- the highest space gets TWO CUBES (one of the rate is used up)
- cannot snow on a laid track (because the track is laid, no further impedence!) but a second point of the work rate is used up in the count-back
- put two cubes in the next available empty excavation space of the station (right to left, bottom up if appropriate) - that's the third point of the work rate used up and you're done.

Snow can often be just a minor inconvenience which is good for game length and bad for players wanting access to more rubble! Snow is also tied to the Event track as well - another reason to make it relatively benevolent otherwise you'd get utterly mired!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks much Tony! And thanks for being so active on these forums, it's awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification on the work rate. Especially that skipped excavation spaces and track cards still count towards the work rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Hendee
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This clarifies the cube placement rules. Thanks for taking the time to do this.

How about when finding the highest point, the place to start placing rubble? Track Cards must be fully excavated ("without any rubble on it" in the rules), and station spaces can be "partially or fully excavated". Station spaces are excluded if they contain a player cube. Are Track Cards excluded if they contain a player cube? The "player cube" part of that rule seems connected only to the station spaces.

And, if you start on a Track Card flipped by an event (or a player, depending on the answer to the previous question), then you don't place any cubes on it, but you do count it toward the work rate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.