Subject: Whose got their Gencon ticket? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Osborn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I do!

First Flight is now boarding. Please put your agendas and ice in there upright positions and turn off all pads, and hardware, as we prepare for takeoff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Mine! Looking forward to playing a bunch of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going, but a few friends are trying to get tickets... and apparently, it is already sold out?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Twitch_City wrote:
Not going, but a few friends are trying to get tickets... and apparently, it is already sold out?!

Thursday may or may not be sold out but Friday is first-come-first-serve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh C
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Twitch_City wrote:

Yup. The Thursday flight is full. But remember, additional spots were added last year when the initial allotment sold out. So there may still be hope for those who didn't get in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
capbarclay wrote:
Twitch_City wrote:

Yup. The Thursday flight is full. But remember, additional spots were added last year when the initial allotment sold out. So there may still be hope for those who didn't get in.

Didn't manage to get a ticket for Thursday. I hope that the Friday one won't fill out all in a sudden as soon as the doors open...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink...
mb
You know I'll be there, man.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle James
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kind of crazy that tickets are selling out before the regionals even finish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got into a draft. Didn't really want to do the 9 hour constructed megatournament. I wish they would do 8 or 16 man Swiss pods with winner advancing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm looking to buy a thursday ticket if anyone wants to sell their seat for $50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a Thursday ticket. 9 hours will be a lot of Netrunner, but it should be fun. Did a lot of people drop halfway through last year? I seem to remember hearing that by the end of the first day only 50% of the people that started the day were still even there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
It makes sense since it's just top 32 advancing to saturday if you lose 2 rounds in a row you go on tilt, and start thinking about fun things you can be doing instead of losing for the next 7 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Miller
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
captainraffi wrote:
Got a Thursday ticket. 9 hours will be a lot of Netrunner, but it should be fun. Did a lot of people drop halfway through last year? I seem to remember hearing that by the end of the first day only 50% of the people that started the day were still even there.

Yeah, there were a lot of people gone at the end of the day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Annable
Canada
flag msg tools
I got mine for Thursday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just about as angry as can be that Thursday sold out so quickly. Last year the event sold out several times because random people were allowed to buy multiple tickets. The event was short of the capacity allowed because the extra tickets weren't used.

I guess what ticks me off about this is that there may have been people who were interested who don't go because others are allowed to buy multiples. I'm sure this is the same for this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Im not sure how I feel about it, on one hand, everyone in the world who wants to play can't fit into one room, so how do you do it fairly other than first come first serve?

On the other hand, I've never been to gencon, and now I have this gencon ticket I was forced to buy to just have a chance to go to the event I want to go to? I feel like Homer Simpson at itchy and scratchy land who just converted all of his money into itchy and scratchy fun money only to discover that none of the rides accept it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill84 wrote:
Im not sure how I feel about it, on one hand, everyone in the world who wants to play can't fit into one room, so how do you do it fairly other than first come first serve?

On the other hand, I've never been to gencon, and now I have this gencon ticket I was forced to buy to just have a chance to go to the event I want to go to? I feel like Homer Simpson at itchy and scratchy land who just converted all of his money into itchy and scratchy fun money only to discover that none of the rides accept it.

I think you can get refunds until June 29th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in on the first flight again this year. I look forward to getting games in, even though I have even lower expectations than my modest ones last year. I just haven't gotten a ton of time to play during Spin Cycle.

Oh well, summer's here. I should be able to start testing some decks with two and a half months to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone knows how do these "first come, first served" events work on Friday? Do you need to register on-site before, or you get in a line on Friday morning? This is going to be my first Gen Con so I'm not too sure on how things work there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corwin David
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
milhouse46 wrote:
Anyone knows how do these "first come, first served" events work on Friday? Do you need to register on-site before, or you get in a line on Friday morning? This is going to be my first Gen Con so I'm not too sure on how things work there.

I'm guessing there's going to be a line. A big line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boivin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DJhedgehog wrote:
milhouse46 wrote:

I'm guessing there's going to be a line. A big line.

Yeah... Spending a few hours standing up waiting in a heavily packed room, followed by many hours of Netrunner is going to be a taxing day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.