Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've seen a wave of Replicating Perfection lists recently so I'm not entirely certain we need another one here, but I've had more success with this Corp than any other deck I've built and it has a few unexpected inclusions.

House of Cards v1.1

Jinteki: Replicating Perfection (Trace Amount)

Agenda (9)
3x Fetal AI (Trace Amount)
2x NAPD Contract (Double Time)
2x Nisei MK II (Core Set)
2x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (16)
1x Ghost Branch (Core Set) ·
3x GRNDL Refinery (Fear and Loathing) ····· ·
3x Mental Health Clinic (Honor and Profit)
1x Project Junebug (Core Set)
3x Shock! (True Colors)
2x Snare! (Core Set)
3x Sundew (Mala Tempora)

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY (What Lies Ahead) ····

Operation (7)
2x Closed Accounts (Core Set) ··
3x Interns (Mala Tempora)
2x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)

ICE (15)
2x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)
1x Chum (Core Set)
2x Himitsu-Bako (Opening Moves)
2x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) ··
2x Pup (Honor and Profit)
2x Swordsman (Second Thoughts)
2x Tsurugi (True Colors)
1x Wall of Thorns (Core Set)
1x Yagura (Fear and Loathing)

Cards in deck: 49 (min 45)
15/15 influence used
Agenda Points: 20
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built with Net Deck.

The name I feel is rather apt, as the whole thing is likely to collapse at any given time. That it hasn't yet done so spectacularly yet still baffles me a tad.

The all star card in every game I've played has been GRNDL Refinery. I don't think I've played a game yet in which I haven't earned upwards of 30-40 credits from this card alone. My favorite first turn is to use Mushin no Shin to drop it on the table turn one and leave it unprotected or behind a small ICE like Chimera or Himitsu-Bako. Either way it costs them at least credits as I spent (if not more) and almost as many clicks that weren't spent getting an economy started.

I tend to play very fast and loose. Sometimes I end up with hands with no ICE to speak of and switch to a straight shell game. Yesterday I played two Fetal AIs naked and advanced them in tandem until one got stolen. In another game I played GRNDL in a server with Chum>Tsurugi and advanced it once. It cost the runner every credit he had, and a few cards, to run into an Asset he couldn't steal.

The Agenda composition feels like a burden though. It's all difficult to steal rather than easy to score but I haven't yet found a solution. I'd probably need to completely overhaul the ICE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Kelly
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like fun, but why are you spending influence on Ash when you could put in Caprice? You could then put in some other extra-fun stuff (cerebrals?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin White
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
endgame wrote:
Looks like fun, but why are you spending influence on Ash when you could put in Caprice? You could then put in some other extra-fun stuff (cerebrals?)

I haven't tried her yet, Ash was such a workhorse for me in previous versions that I was loathe to abandon him. The basic skeleton of the deck has been together since before Double Time. I wasn't entirely certain how well she'd fit with my ICE selection.

I've never hit anyone with a trap, unless you count GRNDL as a time wasting trap. Ghost Branch is a last minute influence filler that I thought was, at the very least, surprising. Once upon a time the deck had Jacksons in it, but I found I was rarely using him for much more than bait. Ideally I'd prefer the runner trash Project Junebug from HQ or R&D just to remind them that I could be running it.

It's been a lot of fun to play, but undoubtedly gets weaker once the novelty wears off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.