Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
Hello all,

Pathfinder Base set.Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set

First one I can contribute to the mix. I have been waiting for this for a while and this is a price I am happy to pay for it.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Pathfinder-Adventure-Card-Game...

I seldom get the chance to check so apologies if the subject is not redundant and you have missed this offer.

The price was £31.06 and now unavailable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Parkes
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Pathfinder base set bookdepository £31.06 on 18/05/2014
Nice, especially since Amazon only yesterday cancelled my order I placed around 6 weeks ago as they were unable to get stock from the distributor. This is £4 cheaper so kerblam.

Shall see if it ever materialises though. The Book Depository have been a bit flaky with me in the past, saying things are in stock when they blatantly aren't, it later transpires. And I ordered Blue Moon Legends yesterday too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
I have made the purchase as well.

Bookdepository are a subsidiary of amazon so fingers, toes and eyes crossed for both of us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zrobin
Italy
rome
flag msg tools
mb
but, will it be funny?
It could be saying anything and its opposite about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Torpey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mb
A very good thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
zrobin I do not understand what you are saying. If you could please clarify.

If you mean to say would it be funny if it falls through. I would say no but then we wait for these deals to come around, no money is lost and little time is spent purchasing the item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Panayi
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
zrobin wrote:
but, will it be funny?
It could be saying anything and its opposite about it

Hm, I'll try and guess the intended meaning:

But is it fun? People seem to have opposing views about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zrobin
Italy
rome
flag msg tools
mb
of course i meant if the game will be funny... because i've read everything (boring, too easy, etc) and i'm trying to resist to this special deal, and waiting for this
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/151007/pathfinder-adventu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are likely to be tweaks and improvements in Skulls and Shackles, although fundamentally I doubt you would like one game if you didn't enjoy the other - and for me the more straightforward fantasy quest theme of Rise of the Runelords (ie the current edition) is more appealing than the pirate theme.

Is it fun? I understand the criticisms, but I love Pathfinder ACG. There is not yet anything else like it for campaign based play in board gaming.

It emulates computer RPGs rather than 'real' pen and paper RPGs - you focus on getting great loot and slowly levelling up. The gripes tend to be that game play is repetitive and the art and design uninspiring. Game play frankly is the definition of 'rinse and repeat' - but the addictive slow evolution of your characters, the massive variability in card combinations that come up (not that the combos tend to actually do anything much different, mind), and the simple pleasure of kicking monster ass and grabbing loot have their appeal for many - myself most definitely included.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realised that my avatar apparently belies a stated dislike for pirate themed games. For the record, I am ok with pirate themes if they are Elizabethan era with anthropomorphic felines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SirKarlg wrote:
Hello all,

Pathfinder Base set.Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set

First one I can contribute to the mix. I have been waiting for this for a while and this is a price I am happy to pay for it.

I seldom get the chance to check so apologies if the subject is not redundant and you have missed this offer.

Already got the main game BUT the 5th adventure deck is currently £6.86

Astonishing price for the just released deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Basket 1 items Delivery Free
Sub-total £ 6.86
VAT £ 0.00
Total £ 6.86

Perhaps if they charged VAT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
Re: Pathfinder base set bookdepository Currently Unavailable 20.05.2014
My base game arrived and the box is not squashed or damaged in any way. I have seen others in stores where this is the case.

Also the £6.86 without the VAT element arrive safely through the post.

Happy playing.

I am taking a wild guess that the base game could drop this year with the pirate edition coming out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl G
United Kingdom
Taunton, England
Somerset
flag msg tools
It is back in action so go go go... I have played the game and it is very enjoyable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived today of deck 5. Think it may be an admin error why there is no VAT added to the item, not our problem though. Get it while you can!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It takes them a few days to get the stock from their suppliers and upgrade the status to dispatched but it did happen and I got my copy a few days ago (in good condition).
I contacted them after a few days and shortly afterwards my status changed to dispatched. Might be worth a go if you are getting twitchy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.