Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
As part of my blog, I want to start doing in depth game reviews for your board games. Whether you're launching a new Kickstarter campaign, or just releasing something to the BGG community, I will review the game for you for absolutely no charge. I'm interested in doing games before they are launched to help build the hype for your games, but if it's something recently released I might make an exception as well.

I cannot promise I will like your game, but I promise to give it an unbaised review explaining the gameplay, game elements, themes, uniqueness and my overall thoughts about the game.

Not looking for finished products of the games, but at least a playable prototype. Please let me know if you are interested, I'm able to start doing reviews for your games immediately.

I'm hoping to be able to release a new game review once per week, or once every other week depending on availability and demand for this type of service.

Let the requests begin!

**** UPDATE ****

I have had a lot of people ask if I will just take their PnP and do a review. I'd love to review as many games as I can.

If you want me to do an in depth review for you, I'd like to be sent a prototype of your game in the mail. Again, doesn't have to be store copy ready, but I don't want to spend what free time I do have cutting cards.

I'd prefer to spend more time on your review than getting the prototype ready to test.

It also shows me your dedication and desire to have a quality review done if you're willing to take time out of your busy schedule to send me a copy to be reviewed as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice offer!

How about starting with Snitch!?

Just get in contact with Common Man Games.

11 days to go with the KS campaign!

...and it IS a great little game with some nice flavor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Ferezin
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Always good to have more eyes on games both from the perspective of a consumer and of a designer. I don't have anything to send you at the moment but I surely have some things in the pipeline I will make sure to send your way in a few months.

In the meantime good luck with you previews! I look forward to reading them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gough
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In about 3 weeks I plan on Kickstarting my new game Island Dice and additional reviews can only help.

https://www.facebook.com/IslandDice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Swiftshadow wrote:
In about 3 weeks I plan on Kickstarting my new game Island Dice and additional reviews can only help.

https://www.facebook.com/IslandDice

Talk with you via PM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interested! But I'll ask you to hold off until my next update which should be in a day or two - been super busy and haven't even had nights to do as I want

Meanwhile, here's the current version of the game. It's due for one update which should make it a lot better so I'll ask you to please wait a bit XD

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1160314/wip-cartel-a-crimina...

Thanks! Great initiative! Love your work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Tuism wrote:
Interested! But I'll ask you to hold off until my next update which should be in a day or two - been super busy and haven't even had nights to do as I want

Meanwhile, here's the current version of the game. It's due for one update which should make it a lot better so I'll ask you to please wait a bit XD

Sounds good, just let me know when the update is finished and I'll contact you via PM to discuss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Nice offer Jared

I will have something for you in 3 - 4 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
kbrebach wrote:
Nice offer Jared

I will have something for you in 3 - 4 weeks.

Sounds good, just get with me then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolNerdGames wrote:
As part of my blog, I want to start doing in depth game reviews for your board games. Whether you're launching a new Kickstarter campaign, or just releasing something to the BGG community, I will review the game for you for absolutely no charge. I'm interested in doing games before they are launched to help build the hype for your games, but if it's something recently released I might make an exception as well.

I cannot promise I will like your game, but I promise to give it an unbaised review explaining the gameplay, game elements, themes, uniqueness and my overall thoughts about the game.

Not looking for finished products of the games, but at least a playable prototype. Please let me know if you are interested, I'm able to start doing reviews for your games immediately.

I'm hoping to be able to release a new game review once per week, or once every other week depending on availability and demand for this type of service.

Let the requests begin!

(Admins) I wasn't sure where to post this, but thought this would be a good place since a lot of new games in development get posted here. Please move if necessary.

Can we see your blog?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Absolutely, sorry about that. It's pretty new, I just started about 2 months ago. I've got a new post going up later this week actually.

http://www.coolnerdgames.com/#!Blog/c17a0

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karlos Zafra
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Really nice initiative. I hope to be able to send you a prototype soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolNerdGames wrote:
Absolutely, sorry about that. It's pretty new, I just started about 2 months ago. I've got a new post going up later this week actually.

Hey Jared,
I really like the format of the website. It's very clean. Nice color composition. I'm curious how you plan to work board game reviews into the website. Are you planning to have a "Reviews" tab across the top where people can browse your game reviews?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Shanenopolis wrote:
CoolNerdGames wrote:

Hey Jared,
I really like the format of the website. It's very clean. Nice color composition. I'm curious how you plan to work board game reviews into the website. Are you planning to have a "Reviews" tab across the top where people can browse your game reviews?

It will be under the blog link. Also anytime a new review is done it will show up on the home page as a recent update.

I could make another page that bullet lists each game reviewed providing a direct link to the blog post of each as well. That's a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolNerdGames wrote:
Tuism wrote:

Sounds good, just let me know when the update is finished and I'll contact you via PM to discuss.

Will do! Trust me I'd have been much earlier if a pile of unexpected things didn't just fall on my head and I'm sleeping an average of 4 hours a day this week :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolNerdGames wrote:
Shanenopolis wrote:
CoolNerdGames wrote:

Hey Jared,

It will be under the blog link. Also anytime a new review is done it will show up on the home page as a recent update.

I could make another page that bullet lists each game reviewed providing a direct link to the blog post of each as well. That's a good idea.

I think a separate page listing all your reviews (even if it's just a bullet listing links to the specific blog entries) is a really important thing to have. If this is one of the "things" you do, it may be a draw in itself for people in the future. People who might not be interested in sifting through your other blog entries. Those are potential hits you might lose if you make that content difficult to find.

This is just friendly advice! Before I send preview copies of my game to reviewers, I'd want them to have a "bonafide" review format. The quality of the reviewer's site I feel is tantamount to the quality of the game. If no one wants to visit the blog, no one's going to see my review! I think you're off to a good start, though :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! Cartel just had its major update, here it is

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1160314/wip-pnp-available-ca...

Just saw your new edit about posting you a prototype, as much as I'd love that I live in the arse-corner of the world South Africa, so dunno how realistic that is :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Tuism wrote:

Just saw your new edit about posting you a prototype, as much as I'd love that I live in the arse-corner of the world South Africa, so dunno how realistic that is :/

Yea, unfortunately I just don't have the time to be printing and cutting cards or making the games to be tested. I understand your scenario being far away, but for others it shows me their investment in getting a quality review done rather than saying "here print this and review it for me".

If you can find a way to get a copy to me though, I'd be happy to review your game for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Shanenopolis wrote:
CoolNerdGames wrote:
Shanenopolis wrote:
CoolNerdGames wrote:

Hey Jared,

I think a separate page listing all your reviews (even if it's just a bullet listing links to the specific blog entries) is a really important thing to have. If this is one of the "things" you do, it may be a draw in itself for people in the future. People who might not be interested in sifting through your other blog entries. Those are potential hits you might lose if you make that content difficult to find.

This is just friendly advice! Before I send preview copies of my game to reviewers, I'd want them to have a "bonafide" review format. The quality of the reviewer's site I feel is tantamount to the quality of the game. If no one wants to visit the blog, no one's going to see my review! I think you're off to a good start, though :-)

I agree

I'd pop the 'Contact us' nav item under the 'About' nav item to make room for a 'Reviews / Game Reviews' nav item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolNerdGames wrote:
Tuism wrote:

Yea, unfortunately I just don't have the time to be printing and cutting cards or making the games to be tested. I understand your scenario being far away, but for others it shows me their investment in getting a quality review done rather than saying "here print this and review it for me".

If you can find a way to get a copy to me though, I'd be happy to review your game for you.

I will try and do when I get to a more finalised design, I'm trying to get more playtests in to refine the game, which I thought was part of what you were going for too - apparently not! Ok so you're looking for final designs Will do when I get there

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
The first review is up. Island Dice

http://www.coolnerdgames.com/#!island-dice-review/cwjy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gough
United States
Lockport
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was/is a good, concise, and well balanced review. The overall look and format is great. The game explanation prior to the actual scoring, and the pictures that were not only taken, but also labeled, provide for a greater understanding. The judging and scoring were categorized with well written reasons for each.

I would recommend to anyone that is looking to get their game reviewed to consider sending it to Jared at Cool Nerd Games. The process will be unbiased and be done thoroughly.

With all that being said, I would like to thank you Jared for reviewing Island Dice. Artwork is being finalized and can be seen on the Island Dice Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/IslandDice as it becomes finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Moffat
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I would very much appreciate it if you could take a look at Horrible Hex. It's available as a PnP now with minimal art, but we're planning to launch a full production Kickstarter this summer.

http://stonecirclegames.com/games/horrible-hex/

I understand that demo copies are preferred to a PnP but unfortunately, we don't have the funds right now for many prototypes.

I appreciate your time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Misner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Jon, I don't need anything cut on card stock, if you will print it on paper and cut the cards I can sleeve them with poker cards behind to test your game. I just don't have the time to prepare the prototypes for review.

If you will take the time to send me a prototype I'll be happy to review the project for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Moffat
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This particular game has cards and hexagonal tiles. Would tiles in card stock be enough to test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.