Konstantin Hamann
Germany
Dresden
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
a fellow spanish guy and me are trying our first game of TSCW and we are enjoying the game quite a bit. I do find the changes during the first years to be very interesting.
BTW we are playing with the standard rules, not the living rules.
But as we are starting 1938 we were wondering how the nationalist could possibly win. The north has fallen and the republican still has 60/72 morale points. To lower these to the required 30 points the nationalist player would have to conquer the whole map.
I´m not saying that the nationalist player has played very well but besides of the lack of time he still would have to conquer the whole map to get the requiered -42 morale points. (without events, of course)
Is that intended or are we playing something wrong? Is there e.g. a morale loss after battles that I´m not reading in the rules?
I hope you can clarity things for me, we would really like to continue this game with an interesting late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Jelley
United Kingdom
Hungerford
Berkshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are playing correctly, the Nationalists have to conquer the map to win, evening holding out in Barcelona will be enough to defeat them. Like the Germans in Fortress Berlin the Republicans are not expected to survive the game, so must do better than they did in history to win. The Nationalists must therefore equal or better their historical victory.

Philip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantin Hamann
Germany
Dresden
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Philip,
looks as if I really suck as nationalist... could be worst though...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Antonio Rivero
Spain
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Gran Canaria- Canary Islands
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recall reading a suggestion of somebody pointing out that starting the game with republican moral level say at 65 could balance a bit more.
I wonder if anybody has ever tried this and worked fine?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.