Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a guy is going to collect the c/u/rs of a set, is there a point to picking up the fast force troops as well? They are same sculpts but different dials, is that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Waits
United States
Elizabethtown
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is right. The dials can be better, worse, or just a different representation of the character. for instance, Mercy from the Deadpool set has a big, tanky dial in the main set, but smaller, more utility-focused dials in the fast forces pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what is the concept of the fast forces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You buy 'em, then you have a ready made team to play right out of the pack! The map you get with Fast Forces ain't bad either, considerin' you don't get maps any other way but promos...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John H
United States
Ravenna
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robbage wrote:
So what is the concept of the fast forces?

You get the iconic characters of the set in a ready to play package with a map or maps. Fast Forces characters generally are made with very solid (read: good to play) dials so that those just buying Fast Forces have a good experience.

I've felt every Fast Forces pack has given me great value, even if I had the complete CUR/SR set. If you're playing with limited budget or figure collection, Fast Forces are probably your best value for solid characters and map variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John. I've been looking for them now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.