Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of rules questions for this game, mostly small clarifications, but still a lot. The FAQ posted by the designer is very thoughtful but it doesn't really cover the rules as much as it does the more general game info (kickstarter, theme, etc.)

Is there any chance of a revised ruleset being done? I would gladly offer my assistance in proofing it (zero experience, but I do really enjoy the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would be a nice extra for the new Kickstarter campaign coming at the end of the month. EDIT: At the very least, a printed FAQ covering the most common questions, plus some of the designers' suggested rule variants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. I'd even pay to add on a printed revised rulebook. It'd be so much easier to teach and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm fine with the rulebook as is. It was very clear.

Every new game has a lot of questions posted; this is no different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

I agree. Perhaps those that have suggestions for rules to add could list some here? I can't really think of anything that isn't a very specific case of interactions that would need to be added.

Something like "Does Charge (one particular skill) work if Titanium has -1 movement (one particular situation)?" should not be included in the rulebook. Or if it is, it is located in a FAQ page at the end of the rulebook.

I've played some games with really horribly written rulebooks before and this is not one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pinchuk
Canada
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

While I don't think the game is unplayable or even difficult to learn using the current rules, I do think there are enough interactions that could be better explained.
No, not every new game has a lot of questions. Usually games of this nature, with some sort of free form AI, have the most questions. I think most gamers like structure and find it a bit hard to "play to the best of your ability" for the AI, such as in this one.

Just some more examples or a few extra words here and there would be helpful. Some more solid AI advice would also help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.