Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reinforcements and available troops rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rusty Shackleford
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm not sure if this is explicitly stated in the rules or not, but I just can't find it.

The rules state the DL can't play reinforcements if they are not available for that mission. My assumption is that if a trooper is not available in the force cards for that mission, it can't be played as a reinforcement.

For example, in the first mission, there are no Nepharites in the Force Cards 1-7, so if a Nepharite event is drawn, the Nepharite is not played.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
smokeh wrote:
I'm not sure if this is explicitly stated in the rules or not, but I just can't find it.

The rules state the DL can't play reinforcements if they are not available for that mission. My assumption is that if a trooper is not available in the force cards for that mission, it can't be played as a reinforcement.

For example, in the first mission, there are no Nepharites in the Force Cards 1-7, so if a Nepharite event is drawn, the Nepharite is not played.

Thanks!

More accurately, it says the DL can't play the reinforcements it they are not available. That's it.

We always interpreted it to mean if you have run out of Miniatures, then you can't place them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackleford
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Yeah, I was hoping there was some sentence somewhere I was just skipping past that explained this, but I just couldn't find it.

So, it would then be possible to pull an ezoghoul or nepharite event card in the first mission? I imagine it's balanced since you would still use the Rank 1-2 stat line, it just seemed kind of odd as I was running a quick practice game with my wife.

So, I'll play it that unless there are no more physical miniatures, you can play whatever reinforcements are called.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daisy Pigeon
msg tools
You can indeed get the Ezoghoul or Nepharite in mission 1. If you really don't want it to happen, just take those event cards out of the deck before you shuffle to select your random cards.

The rule applies to both reinforcement cards and force cards. Whatever miniatures are available get pulled in, and anything else fizzles.

This actually balances the game in the event that two Ezoghouls would be summoned on the game board at the same time. It happened to us last time we played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackleford
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I actually just read the entire rule book again, as I'm running a game tonite. The wording is exactly the same about available units in the force card section, as it is in the event card section. So, yep, nepharite or exoghoul is possible first round!

I haven't played this game in 15 or more years, so I'm excited to get some games in tonite. Thanks for the quick and timely replies, I'm happy to see people still remember/play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.