Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Alderman
United States
Shady Spring
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Trust me, I am not the Traitor.
badge
For Orcs there is no other life but WAR!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question regarding moving FROM a quest such as grail excaliber etc. to Camelot, since defeating a siege engine is NOT considered a quest and their are technically no quests in Camelot. Does a knight have to draw a travel card when moving from a quest to Camelot to attempt to draw new cards?

The rule book says:

Quote:
Each time a Knight chooses to
Move to a new Quest
as a Heroic Action during his turn or through the use of his
Special Power (Sir Tristan), he must:
• first declare where he wishes to move;
• then draw a Travel card from the top of the Travel Deck
and apply its effect before potentially completing his
move and reaching his intended destination.
All other moves in the game, such as those triggered by the
completion of a Quest, or those made out of turn, in reaction to the play of a Special White or Black card, do not trigger the draw of a Travel card, and are still governed by the
same rules as in the original game. It is only those moves
made by the Knight as a Heroic Action during his turn or
through the use of his Special Power that are modified.

The last line makes me want to say yes he does draw one but technically there are no quests at Camelot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
ADMIN NOTE: Moved from Shadows Over Camelot forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
Alderdust wrote:
I have a question regarding moving FROM a quest such as grail excaliber etc. to Camelot, since defeating a siege engine is NOT considered a quest and their are technically no quests in Camelot. Does a knight have to draw a travel card when moving from a quest to Camelot to attempt to draw new cards?

Yes you draw cards when you voluntarily travel between any 2 locations.

You're splitting hairs over the quests at Camelot.

One of the five Heroic Actions available is "Perform a Quest-specific action".

Camelot is one of the quest specific locations where you may take this action (fighting siege engines or drawing cards).

The distinction the rules make is: "Each Quest has one or more specific Heroic Actions attached to it. These Quest-specific Actions usually
help advance the Quest toward a successful conclusion."

It's just that every other quest has a successful conclusion that can be reached.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb

There is an official answer to this and other MC issues in the Merlin's Company FAQ.

Other useful sources are the Shadows Over Camelot FAQ as well as previous threads here at BGG and at Days of Wonder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.