Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm late to the party but I'm just getting into this game and I have a couple of questions.

I have the X-Men and Fantastic Four starter decks. My question is, are all of the cards in a starter deck for a particular group/hero the same in each deck? For example one Fantastic Four starter deck has the exact same cards as another Fantastic Four starter deck?

If that is correct can anyone tell me if the X-Men deck and the X-Men vs Brotherhood deck each have unique cards, meaning you wouldn't find a card in one deck (X-Men) and then find the same card in the other starter deck (X-Men vs Brotherhood)?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Slotten
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old starter decks are fixed sets of cards. So yes, one FF deck will be the same as any other FF starter deck. From what I remember, the X-men vs. Brotherhood starter is different than the X-men starter that came out later--but I'm not exactly sure, it's been awhile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation! I figured that each deck was the same.

I was just concerned that the two X-Men decks pulled cards from the same booster pack (or run of cards) and that there might be a number of the same cards in each of those decks. Chances are they are unique then if most of the other starter decks had a fixed set of cards.

Anyone recall if there were any drastic rule changes between the two X-men packs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skslotten wrote:
From what I remember, the X-men vs. Brotherhood starter is different than the X-men starter that came out later--but I'm not exactly sure, it's been awhile.

Yes, they are VERY different. For a beginner, the 2nd one (yellow box) is a much better learning deck.

But there are great things in all the starter decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The early starter decks were full-sized decks and contained cards from the set they were for (Marvel Origins, DC Origins and Web of Spiderman). The later decks (FF, X-Men and Batman) were only 30-card decks and the cards in them were not available anywhere else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.