Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm familiar with Mahjohg, which is what this game is based on, yet I still found the rules to be pretty awful. The organization of the rules is terrible. So, let's clear some things up:

1) You get two actions per turn, which apparently can only be used to play sets. If you can't play any sets, then you can discard one or two cards, your choice, correct?

2) Peng can only be done at the start of a player's turn, before drawing their one card? Does this mean that only the top card of each discard pile is a valid peng target? Can you self-peng?

3) Is ANY combination of three beauties considered a valid set? Or only three-of-a-kind or three different ones?

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ta-Te Wu
United States
ALHAMBRA
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeede wrote:
I'm familiar with Mahjohg, which is what this game is based on, yet I still found the rules to be pretty awful. The organization of the rules is terrible. So, let's clear some things up:

1) You get two actions per turn, which apparently can only be used to play sets. If you can't play any sets, then you can discard one or two cards, your choice, correct?

2) Peng can only be done at the start of a player's turn, before drawing their one card? Does this mean that only the top card of each discard pile is a valid peng target? Can you self-peng?

3) Is ANY combination of three beauties considered a valid set? Or only three-of-a-kind or three different ones?

Cameron

1) Yes, you can discard one or two cards of your choice.

2) Peng is done before turn. That means (a) it is done before the next active player draws a card, (b) only the top card of each discard pile is available to peng and (c) you can peng before your turn begins.

3) Example in the player aid card shows that ANY combination of three beauties is consider a valid set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.