Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This deck did really well for me last saturday. Went 5-1 through the swiss. I really thought I was headed for a win in the first round of the double elim against steven's NBN. A group and I drove 10+ hours from Idaho to attend and the match was somewhere around midnight. I had seen his scorched earth the turn before but still went to a 3 card hand. it was my first total mental collapse of the event and it killed me. I had scored 4 points and had a decent set up to be able to continue. I just wish i could have seen how it played out, but extremely happy with 8th.

Identity:
Ken Express Tenma: Disappeared Clone (Honor and Profit)

Total Cards: (45)
Event (32)
Account Siphon (Core #18) x3
Early Bird (Honor and Profit #32) x2
Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus #43) x2
Feint (Honor and Profit #34) x2
Inside Job (Core #21) x2
Legwork (Honor and Profit #35) x2
Planned Assault (Honor and Profit #36) x2
Infiltration (Core #49) x3
Sure Gamble (Core #50) x3
Diesel (Core #34) x2 ■■
The Maker's Eye (Core #36) x3 ■■
Notoriety (Trace Amount #26) x3 ■
Special Order (Core #22) x2
Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control #52) x1

Hardware (4)
Desperado (Core #24) x2
Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead #9) x2

Program (9)
Alias (Honor and Profit #41) x2
Breach (Honor and Profit #42) x2
Passport (Honor and Profit #46) x2
Crypsis (Core #51) x1
Knight (Mala Tempora #43) x2 ■■

Resource (0)

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 4
Criminal: 62
Shaper: 13

Play style is pretty straight forward. Early and continued pressure. I used the central only breakers because thats where my focus is fixed and they are cheap to get on the table, so getting aggressive early was more doable. Between keeping the corp a little poor with Syphon, Inside Job, knight, and Crypsis I was able to get into an outside server when needed. If i played against Weyland or NBN i always mulligan to get a Plascrete. That slowed them down enough for me to stay aggressive. Notoriety was a good way to close out games from 5 or 6 points and generally unexpected.

A big potential danger was Power Shutdown. Fortunately only encountered it once, but since I have no way to rescue breakers from my heap there was potential for trouble.

As for changes I would now make....I think remove some Infiltrations for more Dirty Laundry. Also, find a way to get in another Planned Assault. On two separate occasions it won me games by getting to a needed event run.

Well....questions, thoughts, comments, or anything else is always welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran public terminals in an early version. They might make a return though I never fekt like I missed them. Still might be a nice boost when games go longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of thoughts:

I REALLY like Security Testing with Tenma. Dirty Laundry becomes a net gain of 6, and with Desperado 7, so that's nothing but amazing.

Have you considered dropping the Diesels for Lawyer Up? I know it costs 2 but the potential synergy with cleaning up after Syphon as been better in my eyes, not to mention you'd free up some influence for Test Run or Clone Chip.

How are the Early Birds working out? I tried them and after my first play I was underwhelmed. I feel like I'm missing something with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
A couple of thoughts:

I REALLY like Security Testing with Tenma. Dirty Laundry becomes a net gain of 6, and with Desperado 7, so that's nothing but amazing.

Have you considered dropping the Diesels for Lawyer Up? I know it costs 2 but the potential synergy with cleaning up after Syphon as been better in my eyes, not to mention you'd free up some influence for Test Run or Clone Chip.

How are the Early Birds working out? I tried them and after my first play I was underwhelmed. I feel like I'm missing something with them.

early bird is situational but really great. If I end up with extra money it was great to keep the pressure with an extrs run, especialky after a good syphon. Also its there so I can score 2 notorieties in one tur and win from 5 points.

I like the idea of lawer up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Zacapa
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
How often did Notoriety work?

How did you like it in this deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RonZacapa wrote:
How often did Notoriety work?

How did you like it in this deck?

Notoriety works pretty good. I have used it to win a number of games while is was testing and it was helpful twice during the event. I think I would have used it more but had some really good Makers Eye runs. I have only used the Early Bird combo to score 2 Notoriety twice ever so I suppose I should revisit whether it's worth the deck space for something that hits so little.

If not playing for that possibility though, I would drop the Early Birds and probably go down to 2 Notoriety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Zacapa
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
First thing I'm trying is removing 2x Diesel for Laywer Up and use the influence for 2 corroders instead of Breach to have that little more flexibility versus remotes.

Also 2x indexing for 3x The Maker's Eye but I'm not sure yet.

And added Dirty Laundry for infiltration like you mentioned.

Also added 2x public terminals (is also power shutdown protection) and 1x security testing. 46 card deck though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.