10 Posts

Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation» Forums » General

Subject: Online Confrontation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
Hi boardgamegeek!

I've seen quite a few people asking for an online version of LOTR: Confrontation.

Well, I and a friend thought it would be really nice to be able to play it, so we decided to create it ourselves.

As of now, the game is fully playable online on its original version, and we are working to bring it to a beta version so anyone may get their hands on it.

We are getting closer to the public beta version, and would love to start sharing it with you and getting feedbacks as well.

Please have a look at what we've been working hard for here:

http://www.lotr-confrontation.com/index.php

Many thanks for reading this, and I hope to see you soon on our forums!

- A board game geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a quick look at your website.

The screenshot(s) look promising. Really nice!
I'd be interested to play as soon as you release a public beta.

Keep going!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
Thank you very much for your support!

We will make sure to keep you informed when we get the beta ready.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Not saying this would affect if I played or not, but I'm disappointed and disinterested to see movie screens instead of other art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
Thank you Sean for taking the time to give your advice.

It is indeed one of our concerns, and if you look closely, you will see some of the portraits are actually paintings. The fact is, it is very hard to find coherent drawings of LotR characters. Unfortunately, our skills in making graphics ressources are limited. If you know anyone interested in helping us, or any free graphics ressources online, it would be gladly appreciated.

Any constructive criticism are most welcome. We mainly want to lead our efforts towards making the game enjoyable for the community. This is why we encourage anyone interested in this online version to give us advice and ideas to improve the game together.

We will soon post more of the mechanisms we have already implemented, on our website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, have you looked into the legalities of this, touched base with FFG, etc? Would be a shame to put a lot of effort in only to get shut down once they get word.

There are several "unauthorized" versions of Euros that do exist. Sometimes what they do is change the name, like Asogames has a Carcassonne game that they call Toulouse.

Others, like Yucata, I believe do have permission from the publishers/designers, so they use the proper name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
We have not yet shown our project to any official. In my experience, I believe they wouldn't answer if we aked them without a fully working public game and people actually playing it.

We will think more about it once the game is public. If you know any similar projects that went into legalities, I would be interested to learn more about how it would actually work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoyomae wrote:
We have not yet shown our project to any official. In my experience, I believe they wouldn't answer if we aked them without a fully working public game and people actually playing it.

We will think more about it once the game is public. If you know any similar projects that went into legalities, I would be interested to learn more about how it would actually work.

You could chat with the folks at http://www.yucata.de
(http://www.yucata.de/en for English)
They have a ton of online boardgame implementations, so they have a lot of experience with how to go about it as far as permissions etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
Thanks johnny

We have uploaded a first person gameplay video with live comments while we were playing each other. Have a look on the media page of our site. As always, comments and criticisms are most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moustique Mayonnaise
msg tools
Hi guys,

We are pleased to tell you the beta has been released a few minutes ago! Go and get it at www.lotr-confrontation.com

We have a general chat inside the game to find opponents.

See you ingame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.