Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Terra Mystica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I use leftover spades to terraforming any directly adjacent terrain? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use leftover spades to terraforming any directly adjacent terrain? Or I need to terraforming adjacent terrain?

Example, can I terraforming one terrain in the north continent and another in the south continent with a leftover spade (if all other requirements are meet)?

EDIT: Thanks dkeisen for describing the scenario better than I did,
dkeisen wrote:
I believe you are discussing the following scenario:

1. You take the special action, spending 6 power to get 2 spades.
2. You spend one of the spades to transform a terrain tile which is adjacent, directly or indirectly to an existing building of yours, to your own color.
3. You want to spend the remaining spade transforming a tile also adjacent to an existing building of yours, but nowhere near the tile you transformed in #2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rhett Morgan
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Terraforming can only be done with adjacent terrain - including: connection by shipping, bridge, direct adjacency.

The only time this isn't true is when you are either Dwarves or Fakirs and your racial ability prohibits shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowden Wyatt
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Joe Lansdale Rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can terraform using extra spades on any empty terrain space that any of your buildings are directly or indirectly adjacent to.

Of course, you can only build on one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But need to be adjacent to the Terrain I just Terraforming or it can be adjacent to any Terrain adjacent a one of my Structures?

EDIT: Thanks Snowden Wyatt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Aztarun wrote:
Can I use leftover spades to terraforming any directly adjacent terrain? Or I need to terraforming adjacent terrain?

Example, can I terraforming one terrain in the north continent and another in the south continent with a leftover spade (if all other requirements are meet)?

The BGG FAQ say somethig about it:
"If you use these free Spades to transform the Terrain space into your Home terrain without spending Workers, you may apply any unused free Spades on one additional Terrain space. If you have leftover Spades after also transforming this Terrain space into your Home terrain, you may do so again (only currently possible with the Halflings' 3 Spade ability). You may build a Dwelling on one of these spaces."

If I understand your question, you can.

2. You spend one of the spades to transform a terrain tile which is adjacent, directly or indirectly to an existing building of yours, to your own color.
3. You want to spend the remaining spade transforming a tile also adjacent to an existing building of yours, but nowhere near the tile you transformed in #2.

Then you can. Whether or not you build a dwelling in #2. You cannot build a dwelling in #3.

It is required as part of #2 that you transform it entirely to your color. This is not required as part of #3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Winston Spencer
Brazil
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
If I understand your question, you can.

This exact scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Puente
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note also that you cannot use your new dwelling to use your leftover spade in a hex that you cannot reach previously.

In other words, both spades must be used in hexes that you previously can reach, and after that you can build on one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.