4 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Team Building Limitations Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike SomethingOrOther
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everyone! I just picked up the starter kit and about 10 boosters and I had a question about team building. According to the rules, you're supposed to have 8 sidekick dice. The rules later say you can have up to 8 character cards and 20 dice.

My question is, are the 8 sidekick dice part of that 20 maximum? In other words, my bag would essentially be 8 sidekicks and 12 character dice? Or is it 8 sidekicks and 20 character dice for a bag size total of 28?

Thanks for your help! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beazer
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the full tournament game, you are allowed up to 8 characters cards, with a total of 20 dice. The sidekick dice don't count against those 20 (otherwise you'd only be able to field 1.5 dice for each of those characters!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike SomethingOrOther
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a huge help, thanks! I wanted to know for sure before I even considered putting together any strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Galietta III
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An easy guide for you:

What do YOU have to bring to the table at a tournament:

8 Sidekick dice
1 dice bag
2 basic action cards of your choice
4 Basic action reminder cards (red, Gold, Blue, Green)
12 Basic action dice, 3 of each color
up to 8 Character/Non-basic action cards of your choice (no 2 of the same named character/non-basic action)
up to 20 dice split between your character/non-basic action cards (at least 1 die per card)

So all told you come to the table with 40 dice and 14 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.