tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Money, Murder, and greed! oh and dont forget the illegal alcohol!

So yes they make a statement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I don't really like it:|

The bullet holes on it, look like they were just thrown in there, they doesn't fit at all with the rest of the designing imo. The text is very hardly readable, I could only read out the title at my third attempt, and at first I was just staring at the informative text at the bottom, I was trying to figure out what's the 3006 written there, until I realised it says From 3 to 6 players...

Hope I didn't offend you, I just wanted to be frank with you, cause as a wannabe designer this is the same I expect from others, when I show off my work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No not offended. Just trying out different things. I have tons of art for this game.

This is in line with the rest of the art for the game. And this is the cover as it is now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like this one more. The fonts are still a bit hard to read, but at least the design fits all over the cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The second one is definitely better.

I have some reservations about the title, though. I'm guessing Hooch is used as a reference to bootleg liquor? But I also think of hoochie mama. The word "hooch" evokes the female anatomy for me :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, Yeah it is a game about running a criminal syndicate to make illegal alcohol. I have been calling it Hooch for the past two years. However if you would like to make a suggestion I would be more than willing to listen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanen Opolis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jason2043 wrote:
LOL, Yeah it is a game about running a criminal syndicate to make illegal alcohol. I have been calling it Hooch for the past two years. However if you would like to make a suggestion I would be more than willing to listen.

That's definitely a question for a new thread.
I like Bootlegger, but there might be another game with that name, I didn't look :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Brebach
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
there is already a bootlegger game i think

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Washburn
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game called Bootleggers, and Gangsters and Boardwalk Empire =).

My game is more about controlling the syndicate itself and owning store fronts to produce the alcohol. And then going after your enemies Payroll.

DISCLAIMER There may still be spelling errors in this document
https://issuu.com/talonstrikes/docs/hooch_new_manual_may_14/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.