Subject: $99 starters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the current price now for this games starter? Thought when it came out it was $60+? Also is it worth $99 or will more come out and the price drop back where it should be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The MSRP was about $79. It was available at discounters for about $59. Eventually, I think it will be in ready stock again. The demand has outstripped supply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like $72 is about your best price for a preorder of the reprint.

http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=94304&re...

I've caught some online stores bumping up their prices on some remaining 1st edition items and the starter kit may be one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feed back. I understand supply and demand, just seems like taking forever for more starters to appear. Plus with what sounds like shipping damage problems on the next wave, I think I will just wait until they get problems fixed and more starters at normal prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dorb wrote:
Thanks for the feed back. I understand supply and demand, just seems like taking forever for more starters to appear. Plus with what sounds like shipping damage problems on the next wave, I think I will just wait until they get problems fixed and more starters at normal prices.

The Starter sets are scheduled for a July restock, so still a little ways off, but worth the wait. The problems with the 2nd wave will probably be limited to the full '12 ships' packs sent to the KS backers, since individual ships from retailers will have additional visual quality control checks from them, when they receive them and again when they send them out to customers. If you already have the counters and the ship logs, then I'd pre-order some Wave 2 ships, I'll be getting my 12 ships this week, then 4 more pre-order sloops when they go retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I could not stand it anymore and went ahead and took the plunge. CSI just had a few more starters pop up at $99 each(ouch), and the series 2 ships came out and the stress/pressure was too great to ignore - so I went all in along with all 8 of the series 1 ships. After reading of all the damage in shipping on the series 2 ships, I think I will hold off until the problem gets taken care of. Which maybe by then, may allow me to refill the coffers.(of course the next X-Wing series is right around the corner too-Double Ouch!) cry
Expensive time right now to be a gamer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Dorb wrote:

The Starter sets are scheduled for a July restock, so still a little ways off, but worth the wait. The problems with the 2nd wave will probably be limited to the full '12 ships' packs sent to the KS backers, since individual ships from retailers will have additional visual quality control checks from them, when they receive them and again when they send them out to customers. If you already have the counters and the ship logs, then I'd pre-order some Wave 2 ships, I'll be getting my 12 ships this week, then 4 more pre-order sloops when they go retail.

Missed that by a long shot, CSI has 20+ for $60.00 the last couple days. Guess folks just don't know what the are talking about sometimes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kind of like when people say they are just going to wait....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Snooze you lose shake...If you're really interested in a game...just get it when offered vs trying to save $2 ... otherwise, you might wait a long time or pay a premium to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.