Luke Westberg
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Try the Sixex puzzle app on Android!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a simple new action that could open up additional strategies and increase player interaction.

Buy Out a Contract: Pay your opponent 2 coins less than the cost of one of your opponent's unused workers. Recruit this worker for your team.

(e.g. Player A could use an action and pay Player B 3 coins to recruit an unused Master OR pay no coins to recruit an unused Apprentice.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Westberg
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea is that the action could be used to get that perfect worker you're missing, to take a worker that your opponent really needs, or perhaps you could recruit up workers on speculation that your opponents will buy one.

Try it out and let me know how it works for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven F
United States
wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lanistae wrote:
The idea is that the action could be used to get that perfect worker you're missing, to take a worker that your opponent really needs, or perhaps you could recruit up workers on speculation that your opponents will buy one.

Try it out and let me know how it works for you.

cool cool cool

excellent idea, would add some MUCH needed player interaction to this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Westberg
United States
Quincy
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it out today with 3 players and it worked really well! We had 3 workers "stolen" during the game. My friend said he kept worrying that people were going to take a worker that he badly needed. (Which happened to me once.)
I've only tested it twice, but I think it makes the game more fun without overly complicating things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further test rounds here?
I played the game for the first time tonight and just found this thread.
I couldn't see ANY player interaction in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Mustac
Italy
Bologna
BO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If this variant is overpowered, you could make it pay "2 actions" for using it? Anyway, I need to try this, also when playing with 5 or 6 players maybe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.