Popular Tags: [View All]
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://ClearAndDraw.com

It's alpha at best but it's enough of a start to be useful already (or at least getting there). Come look at it, put it to use, and make suggestions for improvements.

Today

- Filter the available cards a variety of ways
- Add cards to your collection
- Save your collection in the browser storage
- View all the data for all the cards

Planned

- Search all card text
- Allow users to add starter set to collection with a single button
- Build teams
- Evaluate teams as they are built for conformance to tournament rules (# of cards, # of dice, dice less than max for card, cards must be different names, basic action cards)
- Add a mailing list signup (for release news)
- Print collection or teams
- Save collection and teams to the cloud
- Share your teams for review and commentary
- Support drafting
- API access
- Buy, sell, and trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Need to be able to search by energy type

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
13 minutes (actually a little less than that because I noticed it a little while after you posted it).

Type filtering added.

I'll see if I can improve the horrible layout for individual cards tomorrow and get started on team building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the tool, thanks. Looking forward to the ability to store my collection in the cloud as I use multiple computers, tablets and phones and want to access this from any/all of them.

I understand the need for ads but can they be boxed in so they don't look as they are part of the tool? Likely already part of your re-design of the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Hollifield
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
JohnMunsch wrote:
13 minutes (actually a little less than that because I noticed it a little while after you posted it).

Type filtering added.

I'll see if I can improve the horrible layout for individual cards tomorrow and get started on team building.

maybe a layout like this would be easier to see, also breaks it down by rarity. If you could adapt it to something similar it would be a little easier to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19fFpizwyEy5Dh0yDi5xy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Neptune
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it. Could use the option to remove cards from your collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smith
United States
South Saint Paul
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also played around with it. Seems like a nice idea, but could use some ease of use functionality.

- If you can have check boxes instead of the drop down menu to add cards, that would be nice. Then you could add a select all box. That would make it easy to add all starter cards, or all commons, etc.
- The card numbers would be nice to see.
- A total count for various selections. i.e. My collection/ Common/ Uncommon/ Rare/ Super-Rare
Color coordination of characters could help differentiate quickly without additional sorting.
- Additional sorting within the filtered or unfiltered selections.

If I think of anything else I will pop back in.

Thanks for building this. Very cool plan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
You might also want to add a Set field now since we know there is going to be more than one set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Smullens
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
Might be nice to sort it strictly alphabetically instead of by rarity- If I have a playset and am trying to build a team I'd like to be able to see all versions on the character next to each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wraxall
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I'm doing something wrong, Storm - Wind Rider, isn't coming up as a max 5 dice pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cattlemark
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
heavyriffs wrote:
Unless I'm doing something wrong, Storm - Wind Rider, isn't coming up as a max 5 dice pick.

Had an error in my spoiler, which John was basing his data from.

I've fixed it on the spoilers: http://www.reservepool.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9

And in my own database at the search page: http://search.reservepool.net/marvel/avx/92

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added filtering by energy type.
Fixed the Storm - Wind Rider problem as well as a problem with the text of Distraction - Basic Action Card.
Implemented some, but not all, of gsmith463's suggestions for the UI. I think it's getting a lot better now but it still needs a lot of work.
Major look and feel overhaul for the site. It's not quite as eye-bleedingly awful today as it was yesterday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Smith
United States
South Saint Paul
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is getting much more functional. Nice additions.

- To piggy back on what Narninian said about sorting alphabetically. It would also be nice to be able to filter by character type (i.e. Beast, Rogue, Thing, etc.). The one issue would be that there are 38 different character types, and having 38 check boxes for filtering on the left hand side would be troublesome. Is it possible to have a drop down for that filter selection? Or maybe an expand/collapse option for all of the categories in the left pane?

- Having an option to see how many dice we own of each character type would be nice too. Not sure how to go about that though. Ill leave that up to the master web page designer.

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
will there be an update to include uncanny x-men?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
will there be an update to include uncanny x-men?

I would love to, but I need a source for the data. I got my original data from a user who uploaded a spreadsheet up here for the first set and who was kind enough to allow me to reuse it for the site.

So I'm going to turn this around on you. I need you to either:

1) Go here (https://github.com/JohnMunsch/ClearAndDraw/blob/master/app/s...) to where the data file is, edit it to add the new set data, and send me the update

or 2) Find a source for the data (and make sure you have permission to use it) and I'll copy it into the app and do the reformatting needed to include it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you'd need to update the site itself to allow searching/separating the different sets.

I could certainly work on the data for the cards from the uncanny xmen starter set to get you started?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done the all the dice, and I've done 24 cards. Should be able to send you the completed file in your format within 24 hours.

Edit: 80 cards and counting. Not all that hard really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Wow.

shake

Not at all sure what you're shaking your head about...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Wow.

shake

Not at all sure what you're shaking your head about...

Then let my head shaking not concern you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,

I'm all done, I've no idea how to use this GitHub though.

I saved it as a different file (i think) called dicemasters, seeing as it isn't just AvX anymore. but then it was going on about proposed changes, and sending pull requests.

No Idea.

If I buggered it up, then if you pm me your email, i'll just email it.

SO not sure about .JS or webcoding in general, but what i did is create 2 new variables in the .js 1 for Uncanny xmen dice and 1 for the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Munsch
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abodi wrote:
I'm all done, I've no idea how to use this GitHub though.

You did just fine. I made a few tweaks to the data to fix some issues with it from a JavaScript standpoint and added code to allow filtering by set and display of the set for a particular card on the card page. I know it's still a very crude site but if you and others are actually using it, I'll put some more effort into it.

And don't forget it's all open source over here for anyone who wants to play with the HTML, CSS, or JavaScript: https://github.com/JohnMunsch/ClearAndDraw

I used AngularJS for the front-end work and there's no back-end yet, but I plan to put a simple Node.js/MongoDB one on there so users can save their collections on the cloud. I doubt that will be my next change though.

In the meantime though, check out the deployed changes and give feedback. We'll make it better.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Brown
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
But don't be fooled by the radio, the TV, or the magazines. They'll show you photographs of how your life should be but they're just someone else's fantasies.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I like this very much. Keep up the good work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick correction.

Cerebro 'Mutant Hunter' is marked as an Avenger right now. It isn't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be more helpful to say what it should be rather than what it isn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.